Pep Rally Today

Today the kids have their yearly fall pep rally at school. My twins play on modified soccer teams (7th,8th, and 9th grade) so they will take the field with their teams. They will also perform with the Marching Band. My youngest 2 boys get to take the field with their rec league soccer teams tonight too. The rec league soccer has never done this before, so that will be cool. The pep rally starts at 8pm. Thankfully it doesn't take too long because I'm going to be one sleepy mama. I do wish they'd make these things earlier though for those of us who have to get up for work really early in the morning.
@PhredWreck (6051)
Not having to deal with school-aged children, I also don't have to deal with that...but you would think (or at least I do) that they would do it earlier so the kids themselves could get home earlier. But what do I know? I'm just some guy typing
I think they used to do it at like 6 or 7 but I can't remember. These poor kids have been so busy since school started and it won't be slowing down anytime soon. Once soccer season is over they will get a bit of a break thankfully.
@katsmeow1213 My boss has a couple of younger children in school, and I am glad I don't have to jump through all the hoops he does over it...I'd probably get expelled, and I'm not even a student.
@PhredWreck I don't HAVE to do any of the things I do for the kids. They like doing soccer and Marching Band, so I bend over backwards to let them. I'm paying for a babysitter so the twins can play soccer instead of coming home to babysit. I give up most of my weekends for Marching Band shows and fundraisers. We've busted our butts since this time last year to help the band. We enjoy doing it and being involved. If we didn't like it we'd just drop the kids off and pick them up and leave it at that.... or maybe even force the kids to quit so we could save some money.