Football Fans Beware

Football Mania
@Marcyaz (35651)
Vikings fans beat up on a 49ers fan and continued to kick and hit him in the head once outside of the stadium. They say it was brutal to see. There seems to be more and more of these types of incidents happening at these sports games. I can't believe that adults would act like this. A security guard came in to help break this up along with some fans. The Santa Clara police department is trying to Identify these suspects and I understand they have a video and of course some witnesses.
This is nothing compared to what happens here in Europe. Some football fan are very dangerous, they are called hooligans, they are even banned from the Stadiums.
@Marcyaz (35651)
Really I had no idea in Europe it is worse than here in the States. That is what I would like to see is some fans banned from the Stadiums.
@Lushlala (939)
• Gaborone, Botswana
@Anna....I know exactly what you mean, it can get very scary. I think it's especially dangerous and worrying when people then take it to a racial level when things can become highly explosive.
@Marcyaz (35651)
@Lushlala Very true and dangerous and can become explosive.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Football, like so much else in the U.S., is out of control. I like the sport itself and will watch it from time to time. But I do not condone the violence or the politics of it. Too much is being made of what is merely a sport. I remember my father watching it in years past and saying he didn't have a favorite team but just cheered for whoever was winning. Now, people are becoming enemies over it!
@Marcyaz (35651)
People certainly are becomming enemies over this game. For my two cents I would like to see this game be abolished as I absolutely detest this game. Grown men chasing after a little ball how silly is that.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
@Marcyaz I agree. It wouldn't break my heart, considering how nuts it has become. We could all live without it!
@Marcyaz (35651)
@Raelove We certainly could live without football and seeing grown men act like idiots.
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
Sometimes people can be so stupid!!
@Marcyaz (35651)
Very true fufurinha some people are just plain Stupid.
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
@Marcyaz wish people could always be a good person.
@Marcyaz (35651)
@fufurinha Unfortunately that is not going to happen any time soon.
This sort of thing has been going on for years and a lot also in Europe with the soccer fans, en masse massacres of innocent people and fans omg it is awful all over a sports team. I hope whoever did this will get punished severely. Something that is supposed to be fun and look what happens. Appalling!
@Marcyaz (35651)
Yes, it has been going on for far too long and needs to be stopped. Maybe when they find these people they should make their sentences longer.
@Lushlala (939)
• Gaborone, Botswana
Exactly Ocean, they all seem to lose sight of the fact that it's meant to be a fun thing! It's just ridiculous, really!
@Lushlala Its crazy Mpho.
@gudheart (12746)
This is why I get scared of going to game matches...too many hooligans.
@Marcyaz (35651)
I would not go to any games of sports any longer as you never know who is going to lose their cool.
@simone10 (21652)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I also can't believe that people can act this way anyway, let along over a dumb game. What were they thinking? Drinking would be no excuse to me.
@Marcyaz (35651)
I have no idea if they even have a brain to think with. Sometimes I think not.
@simone10 (21652)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Marcyaz I think that you are right.
@alberello75 (17969)
• Genova, Italy
You see, in Italy, the most popular sport is soccer. But accidents, clashes between rival fans, not lack any "damn" Sunday. Days ago, I saw a movie on Youtube, which was just a documentary, that he spoke from the 70s, this phenomenon of soccer violence, has never stopped. There are countless number of victims, basically for a "ball".
@Marcyaz (35651)
And these are people who are supposed to be adults be act like children and on top of that they are nothing but cowards.
@Rollo1 (16686)
• Boston, Massachusetts
People like this use the football rivalry as an excuse but they are the sort of people who might do this in other situations. It's reprehensible. I don't like crowds for this reason.
@Marcyaz (35651)
that is so true AnjaP and they probably were bullies in school and may have done this in another situation.
I don't know what in the world is going on with all this violence. How stupid.
@Marcyaz (35651)
Who knows what goes on in their mind sometimes I wonder just what this world is coming to with all the violence and stupidity.
@Lushlala (939)
• Gaborone, Botswana
It's a shame when these sorts of things happen at football games. I think people get too emotional and just lose their heads. The thing I always wonder is, why does it happen mainly with football and not so much with other sports?!
@Marcyaz (35651)
I think because it seems like these football players seem to think they are something special, they don't seem to know all we do is laugh at them and their stupidity.
@deafdiva (243)
That is exactly why I don't like sports! It's too competitive! It should be fun not competitive!
@Marcyaz (35651)
It started out as being fun but then turned into something completely different.
@softbabe44 (5901)
• Vancouver, Washington
it is so devastating to hear theses things about how others act when trying to get involved in the game theres no sense in that its the cheap way out