Going Through The Garbage

This will teach me to keep shopping receipts at least for a few days. I remembered on the Checkout 51 site that they had an offer for $2.00 back on the Hartz Topical Flea Drops. So I had to go searching through the yucky kitchen garbage because I threw out the receipt. After all that digging through it, it was the wrong kind of product. The rebate was for the Pro drops not the Plus ones that were purchased. So I did all that for nothing. Can’t remember if I swore or not. But that will teach me to keep things at least for a while.
It is not very pleasant to search through garbage. I have had to a few times.
It was very icky and i washed my hands at least three times.
@Susan2015 How come you do not have clean trash and than your hands would not get dirty.
@jstory07 All of my house is clean except for the trash container. Maybe I could spray Lysol in it every day?
I keep my recipes for at least two weeks. Today I bought something that was on sale and I noticed they charged the full amount. Tomorrow I go back to the shop and ask for a refund.
Yes glad you noticed they did that to you. I always try to look when they scan it but sometimes they do it fast. I always look at my receipts after.
@Susan2015 The customer behind me asked something and I turned my head to reply, so I missed the amount scanned.
I joined that site but decided it's a waste of time for me. I buy so few of the items they list but what got me was they don't pay you even if you get the right product/receipt and don'e tell you why unless you ask ... then you get a snotty message with an explanation.
At the rate I'm going now it is a slow process.
@Susan2015 It is very slow - I gave up, not worth the time.
@wetnosedogs (1556)
Oh what a dilemma. To keep or not to keep. Stuff can accumulate. Swear now in case you didn't before.
yeah I dump mine in a box, for a few days and clean that box out once a month or so
@valmnz (12756)
• New Zealand
I think I would have just sworn quietly nd told myself it serves me right
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
I am different..i keep all my receipts for everything..and then after the 7 years are up i throw that box away and restart another..so i always have 7 years of boxes..my receipts fit in one box for a year..I learned the hard way when i got my 2nd divorce having to prove to the lawyer that i bought my home with my money and had no way to prove it since all paperwork was thrown out..so the ex got half of my house...
@wetnosedogs (1556)
@mom210 (6788)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I need to do better about keeping track of them, I used to keep them in a shoe box until it was full.
@simone10 (21652)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I have had to do that before and it does help you remember to say it for a while.
bless yer heart, 'least 'cha tried, eh? the hubs keeps his receipts jest thrown 'round the trucks here. maddenin' when ya need to hunt one down.
@Susan2015 You throw them out 'too soon' and I 'keep' them WAY TOO LONG! what a couple we are! As I've been going through stuff I am finding reciepts from 2 years ago!
I always keep the receipt long enought to enter the survey and hope that I might win.