Too Much Butter = Upset Stomach!

@gudheart (12740)
Last night, after work I decided to eat a baked potato with lots of butter and cheese on it. I also went further to add more cheese and onion spread and salt. It tasted amazing, but I am feeling the effects of eating too much grease so late at night. I was up all night on the toilet and I blame the butter!
I like just butter and chives on my baked potato. The fiber from the potato went through nicely. The cheese takes longer to digest which probably kept you up after the rest went through.
@gudheart (12740)
I thought it was lovely, but not worth running to the bathroom all night!
@gudheart yeah, there are better choices to snack on in the evening.
@gudheart (12740)
@celticeagle Yep, I need to learn to have a light dinner a night.
It's not the butter, it is the cheese. Too much cheese in the evening is not gentle on your stomach.
@gudheart (12740)
Oh I thought it was a bit of both.
@gudheart If the butter was really a lot, yes, it was a bit of both.
• Avenel, New Jersey
its definitely the dairy! my stomach gets upset too if i have too much.
@gudheart (12740)
I just had to go to the loo again, and I have to leave for work soon!! NOoooo
@topffer (36612)
• Colombo, Sri Lanka
I have always used more butter than oil, and I never experienced something like this. Too much grease is indeed not healthy... but I have a solid stomach.
@gudheart (12740)
I need a stomach like yours then! I think I honestly over did it with the butter though. lol
@Raelove (17737)
• Saco, Maine
I've had that happen to me, and it's easy to blame the food. But the truth is, I'm to blame for eating something that I just knew wouldn't agree with me that late at night. I might be able to eat something that rich early in the day, but not at night. It took me years to finally figure that out and lots of stomach aches.
@gudheart (12740)
I have learnt my lesson now! Never at night!
@lady1993 (20514)
that's too bad, but at least it tasted great i super love butter and cheese too but i have a high tolerance for them i guess, my mom doesn't
I would be vomiting if I ate that kind of meal. I like them don't get me wrong. But,not with all those toppings.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
i love butter oh how i do on my baked potatoe butter sour cream it the top of ones want list
Yeah butter is really rich and I cant have a lot of it or I too get sick. Hope you are feeling better now.
@sofssu (17822)
Sorry about that.. I always eat light at night.. I cannot sleep if I feel too full or eat heavy.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Cheese could be the biggest problem, especially if you are lactose-sensitive. But to much grease in any day will upset my digestive system.