Furry Alarm, the Joy of Pet Sitting

My two previous posts have been about the crisis in housing and health that my kids are going through. I had three of their fur babies as house guests yesterday and overnight. Being cats, they are nearly impossible to contain, and curious about everything. Princess, my cat, does not seem to object to Winnie, the six month old short haired male. She just watches him. However, she hisses strongly at the fuzzy, furry, bouncy baby kitties. Princess has a great sense of time, and calls Bob and I to go to bed at night, and then in the morning makes certain we are up by five, whether it is a work day or not. My son gets up at four thirty, four days a week. Winnie made sure to come find us at 4:30 and tell us it was time to get up. I guess a cat's gotta do what a cat's gotta do. If you want to read why I am baby sitting pets, check out my continuing crisis post.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I am not sure I would appreciate the cat at 4:30, that is awful early.
I was awake at 3:30, anxious about getting stuff done, so it really was not a problem.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@GardenGerty My goodness you are an early riser!
@mom210 At the time I posted this I was very stressed over moving and could not sleep well. Hubby has an alarm that goes off at five so he can prepare for his work day. It is optional if I get up or not.
@PhredWreck (6051)
Scar probably wouldn't be bothered by boarders if I had to take a few for a bit, but he eats up so much of my time that I couldn't give them much more than food and water.
I think Winnie is about Scar's age and size. The babies are just that, babies and they want attention and they know how to do it. I grew up with a constant stream of cats and kittens. Six mama cats in our house at once, one time. Then we took in three foster kitties who were rejected by their mom. The baby kitties here have each other for company. Winnie is laying on a rug at my feet.
Enough is enough for my house. 7 humans, 4 cats and 1 dog. The older 3 cats still haven't forgiven me for bringing a dog in the house. The 4th cat came after the dog and the dog was okay with it. The other cats didn't mind the kitten as much because at least it was a cat and not another dog. But if I try to bring anything else in this house I swear I'll have a mutiny on my hands... and the furries would win!
@katsmeow1213 I used to have many many cats out in the country, but these days, one is fine for me.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
That's cute. I've never heard of cats knowing exactly what time to wake you. Probably because I never keep to a set schedule so my cats have no idea when I'm getting up. Even though I'm working I go in at different times each day so I still never get up at the same time.
I do not think we have ever had this issue before. Princess just started this with calling us to go to bed. Probably because my sister had such a routine.
I am so glad my cat has adapted to me and moms sleeping patterns in which he just waits patiently till we get up and not the other way around . . .
Well, we have moved now, and Princess is adjusting. She waits patiently on the (warm) computer towers for my husband to go off to bed. In the morning she hears the alarm and rushes to the bathroom for a drink. In the night if she is cold she sleeps on our bed, and otherwise she sleeps on one of the spare beds. Not so demanding now.