School days.

@xFiacre (9854)
Ireland
I've just spent a pleasant morning in the primary school I used to be a governor in, a mainstream school with a very high proportion of children who have learning difficulties and disabilities, the happiest school I've ever been in. I know most of the children and their families in another context as well which makes life interesting. Unfortunately the family arrangements are bizarre and unorthodox even for 2015, and we give no credence to what birth certificates say regarding paternity in many cases. The principal just looks at a child and figures out who the real father is - she's never wrong and has taught three generations of these families even though she's only 50 years old!
• Marion, Kansas
I have worked in a preschool in the past that was very like what you describe. Some of the issues seem to definitely be generational. Not all. I was happy with my relationships with the kids. It sounds like you had a pleasant visit. It is nice to see you this morning.