"Bang Head Here" X

@1wldngl (3991)
Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it." I often feel this is the case, although I continue to vote and feel a bit like I am living Einstein's definition of insanity, "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Do you feel like voting really makes a difference?
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Actually i feel like twain and Einstein cause no matter who i vote for i feel the winner has already been picked and my time is wasted even bothering..
@1wldngl (3991)
I know exactly how you feel. And recently...it seems like they are just pitting an idiot against another idiot but one idiot is really really bad...so...yea...there's that. LOL
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
@1wldngl we all live in a yellow submarine
@1wldngl (3991)
@Rosekitty I would like to see them on the same stuff the Beatles where on...sometimes...I'm just sayin....
@PhredWreck (6051)
What, I am supposed to respond and thereby cast my 'vote' for this discussion?
@1wldngl (3991)
AND...have brownies!
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
@PhredWreck If you respond to this post you are supporting the system!!!!oneone
@kevin1877uk (36964)
Love the quote and so true lol. I guess not because who gets into power are all the same once there.
@1wldngl (3991)
So true my friend...so true. They only clothe themselves in the colors of Dem or Rebub, underneath they are all blackguards.
@hora_fugit (5439)
Yep, it makes me a voter. And here people love to show finger after they have voted. :)
@1wldngl (3991)
They like to brag about it?
@topffer (35524)
• France
More I am getting older and less I vote. I still do it for local elections, because there is some flexibility possible at the level of a city which does not exist at the level of the state.
@1wldngl (3991)
That's not an uncommon view.
@Raelove (17267)
• Saco, Maine
Nope, it doesn't. Twain and Einstein were both spot on. As unpatriotic as it sounds, I no longer vote in popular elections. I still, do, however, vote on referenda that directly concern the people. Otherwise, I haven't seen anyone worth voting for in a very long time.
@1wldngl (3991)
Sadly...I know exactly what you mean.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I could argue that since Dems and Repubs are both in the pocket of big businesses, that it doesn't matter even if it does matter (ie election won by only one vote). I think if you get enough people enthused about a candidate it could matter for that person's election, but usually it's just a matter of who raises the most money.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
Sure I do. It's made things worse every year because people are stupid and they don't bother thinking a little before they vote. But with in the primary system there is a LOT of it not mattering. The two parties who do have primaries have a small elite group who have a lot of control over who gets nominated and how the process goes. It is the same reason that Sanders will not get the Dem's nomination, and the same reason Paul didn't get the Republican nominee last round.