Does The Bell Toll for The View?

@1wldngl (3995)
I'm sure many of you have been privy to the most recent insanity coming from the women of The View on American TV. Hosts Joy Behar and Michelle Collins made some jokes about the talent part of Miss Colorado's competition segment in which Miss Colorado did an original monologue about her duties and experiences as a nurse. She was dressed appropriately in nursing scrubs and sporting her stethescope. It seems to have struck a pretty stiff nerve in the nursing community nationwide. I watched the video and was in tears. It was poignant and spot on. I have friends in nursing and it really touched me. The hosts of the view were forced to do some damage control when two large sponsors pulled their ads in support of the nursing industry after receiving requests from healthcare professionals. I've heard they have also given a half hearted apology on Twitter of all places. Why not apologize in the show itself? It isn't very smart to "bite the hand that feeds you" and I wonder if the hosts of The View have done just that. Then again...there have been tons of comments that they have been losing viewership for a while now. I wonder...has the bell tolled for The View? What do you think?
@Marcyaz (35954)
I don't really understand as I have never watch The View.
@1wldngl (3995)
You're not missing anything.
@Marcyaz (35954)
@1wldngl Good to know than I won't see if I can find it.
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
Rarely catch that show, but when you go on national TV and mock any group, there could be repercussions...
@Shellyann36 (8558)
I have never liked the View. Now I did watch interesting segments when Barbara Walters was among the hosts but after she left it was no more for me.