Hmm.. Should I Or Shouldn't I?

In the time I've been here I've been on the lookout for people from Bubbs that I followed when I was there. What I'm also looking out for are the people who had a poor attitude (in my opinion) from Bubbs to. Now mind you I am not very eager to block people, but there are some that I just don't need around me. How do you decide to block or follow someone? Here are my criteria: Block: 1. People who are only interested in being verbally rude or snarky when they disagree with someone. 2. People who become vulgar when you are making a point they don't like. 3. Hate Filled people who act like they are the only person who matters. Follow: 1. Interesting people who write from the heart. 2. People with similar interests. 3. People who come across as very honest and caring. So what are things that help you? Have you ever blocked anyone?
haven't ever blocked anyone yet. But I might if the critical person does the same thing on here that she did on bubblews.
Oh one of those haha ..I hope it does not come to that.
@TiarasOceanView I have unfollowed some on the other site because of negativity. Constructive negativity like complaining about a company or something like that is different than just plain being negative, i try to stay away from all that online and in real life.
I only blocked ones on the other site that creeped me out and made me afraid that they were plagurizers because I do not want to be affliated with anyone like that. There was 1 member that I blocked because he seemed to be argumentative and in my opinion, a bit of a know-it-all.
@Bluedoll (15674)
I think I want to stay away from b and look for f. That so did not sound right. @Susan2015 don't know who you meant but that whole social media complaining club I've had enough of. Want to just enjoy and stay on the brighter side.
Yes me too @Bluedoll and that did sound kind of funny.
@Bluedoll (15674)
@Susan2015 I'm only looking for good conversations that fit my mood at the time, not going to worry about anything anymore. You know what I mean?
@valmnz (11615)
• New Zealand
@Bluedoll I can certainly relate to that!
@valmnz (11615)
• New Zealand
I don't think I've ever had the need to block anyone from any site I've been on, but I have definitely unfollowed quite a few.
I can't remember blocking, but I am with you on this one. I don't need everyone to agree, I do need them to remain respectful in their disagreement.
Yes @Jessicalynnt I don't mind disagreements but to just make critical comments on many posts isn't necessary. This is a fun place to be and should be taken as that, at least that's what I think anyway.
Yes, manners are always a good thing, I agree with that!
@topffer (25696)
• France
I don't intend to block anything else than plagiarists and trolls. I have been forced to block a plagiarist : when I gave a link to the original post, he deleted it. I gave it again and blocked him to make the deletion impossible. He started to troll at me and has been banned. I am now blocking plagiarists for the same technical reason, but as they don't last long at myLot, I cannot say if I am still blocking somebody not banned. It would be nice to have a list of persons we block.
@topffer, what is your definition of a troll?
@topffer (25696)
• France
@Susan2015 It is subjective. Trolls are people wanting to upset me or flame at me, and are often violent. In his last message, the plagiarist I was speaking of in my response wanted to kill me.
@topffer (25696)
• France
@thesids This is something really missing. It is not always easy to detect a plagiarist, and I think it is important to tell to other members to not waste their time to respond to a plagiarized discussion that will be deleted soon.
• Marion, Kansas
I blocked a person who was stalking me. I had been friends with this person in the old days, and did comment on some posts. That person asked me to assist migration to the US.
I have had a few of those too GG.
@owlwings (37154)
• Cambridge, England
I think that I'm in full accord with both of your lists of criteria. I have never had occasion to block anyone yet, though I can think of times in the past when I might have done so, if the option had been available.
Hi Bernie. If someone is bothering me, I will block them. It could be for any reason known to me,but if I am bothered, then block lolz I do not feel bad about it as I am here to enjoy myself. And given the option is available to us, the site must think it is sometimes necessary or it would not exist. Meanwhile I am enjoying myself Hope you are too!
@TiarssOceanView i agree with your summation. It takes quite a bit to bother me and I can safely say that @Susan2015 and I enjoy reading as well as interacting with you and so many others here.
@Berniezeitler Good to hear Bernie and I too enjoy you both very much! I love to get suggestions from you guys, thank you
• Riga, Latvia
@Berniezeitler Never found the need to block anyone. I have been luck and found only the friendliest and best people online. I do keep a lookout for the unpleasant ones just in case. There are people I have enjoyed knowing on other sites and enjoy following them around the Internet when I open a new account and recognize their name.
@GreatMartin (4260)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
20 years on the Internet and too many sites to list and/or remember I have and will NEVER block anyone--I have found ignoring a lot more effective way or, even better, deleting their comments!
@skysnap (17396)
I think moving on from B is hard for people. and many of the people poured in their time. and that is something that costed them a lot of issues. So surely I think moving on from B is the only good option. Also there are some people who are in there and want to be there. I think I have no issues with them in such case either. I'd say just do what you think is good for you.
@thesids (22470)
• Bhubaneswar, India
The concept of Block and Follow is new to me at MyLot. I come from the older days where we had friends - and the only way to get disassociated from a person was to UN-friend him or her. I have always believed in - A friend is forever. And so, even though I had been on the receiving end a few times, I never got anyone removed from my list, if they did, I had no issues, their choice, their opinion and I respect that. Here on the new version, I am yet to block anyone. I dont see any reason. If a post/response is vulgar/abusive, report it, Admin will decide and take needful actions. For following a person, my criteria is simple - 1. I like the content and interaction from the person - interaction is important to me, I can manage the content part as I know, not all are good writers and starter of discussions (I too fall in that category). 2. If I can have fun with someone, and somehow I feel that even if I responded with fhlao4ol,anlahhgh on their discussion, they will still reply to that and take it sportingly, s/he gets my top priority. Yes, I know that is weird, but trust me, there are family members here who can still take the above fhlao4ol,anlahhgh positively and start an interaction.
I have only blocked one person on Mylot. It was one whose username and picture was so opposite from the personality of the actual person it was disconcerting. He was each n of the three things you have listed. I tried to be patient and thought it was just a difference in personalities and so forth. But it never stopped, changed or looked like it ever would so I made the decision to block him. I am happy that I did.
I haven't blocked anyone so far.
I was forced to block one under circumstances which were beyond my control. I hate blocking any one. One can always report.
@tessastv (265)
• Inverness, Scotland
I don't remember having blocked anyone so far. And I totally agree. I personally only follow people who present these "Follow" features.
• Grand Junction, Colorado
When I started at mylot many years ago the block feature wasn't available, had it been I probably would have used it on a couple of times. The only other site that I'm on that has a block feature is Facebook and since I don't except friend requests from just anyone I haven't had the need to block anyone. Will I use the block feature, probably for the exact same reasons that you listed above. I follow people pretty much for those same reasons. I look for people that like to write and explain what they're writing about.
@DWDavis (10021)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Those look like good common sense rules to me.
@waflay (2542)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I did block someone on Facebook because the guy was so racist to me. To him, I did not have all it takes to be on Facebook...or any social site because he thought people in my country are so poor to own computers. I tried to explain to him but it all landed on a deaf ear. So I blocked him. I guess some people are just so ignorant about how the world is. Or maybe they are so proud of themselves that they see other people as lesser human being. I don't like such people.
@gregario888 (1310)
• Aurangabad, India
Not on mylot!
@besweet (7364)
• Greece
I haven't blocked anyone yet, if I realise that someone has negative behaviour I will ignore them. I usually give too many chances to people before I decide to stay away from them.