I find this so interesting.....

Boise, Idaho
When I am watching something about animals or birds or whatever I find it so astounding to learn that take the jelly fish for instance, one certain type and I think that is it. It's 'the' jelly fish, right? Nope. There are like a thousand different types. I think that is amazing. There are so many different types of fish in the ocean and then to think there are thousand types of each of those. Wow! I just thought that was interesting.
@besweet (7238)
• Greece
I had a book with many different kinds of mediterranean fish when I was little. I think I read it more than 5 times, I thought they were so interesting and their characteristics were amazing. I like watching fish documentaries and I find the variety of them depending on the environment very impressive.
They are neat little Nemos aren't they?
@besweet (7238)
• Greece
@celticeagle Yes they have beautiful colors and each one has different abilities depending on their living area. After reading that book I realised that the most colorful and fancy fish are the most dangerous. They attract the eyes of their enemies more than others so they have poisonous spines to defend themselves.
@besweet .....and they are so sneaky.
@simone10 (22232)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I love the ocean and all of the creatures within. They are so amazing.
That's for sure. Wonderful world down there.
@simone10 (22232)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@celticeagle I wish I could swim because I would love to go snorkeling but I'd be too afraid.
@owlwings (38405)
• Cambridge, England
It is truly amazing what different kinds and sizes of animals and plants there are and, indeed, the complexity of life as a whole. One can't help feeling that there is a designer's hand behind it all and wondering whether this world is the only one where life ever began.
I wonder that too.
I love that show about the fish tanks and they teach about each fish. nice.
Sounds good. What is it?
@GreatMartin (4322)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Just like human beings--each species has many varieties!
But I just never thought that that would be the case.
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
And some of them can kill you with one sting...
There sure can and we need to be educated and know about them. Especially if we go into their vicinity.
The oceans are so full of wonder..why I love them so much, though I would not want to be around or near some of its creatures for sure. I just love to watch the ocean shows tho! I cannot believe some of the creatures they find in the deep depths of the ocean.
It is amazing what is out there. So thankful for these shows or I would never know they were in existence.