Good Tuesday Morning To All

Good Tuesday morning to all you mylotters up early like me. It’s going to be a gorgeous day here again at around 73 degrees and sunny. We’ve been helping my brother look for a car. His brakes went out and Firestone told him he needed over two thousand dollars worth of work done. Then they “recommended” another three thousand. So Bernie went up there and yes, they tried to “pad the estimate” as they say. So it’s better for him to just get a different used car. There are many nice ones out there too. I’ll be off and on here again today. Let’s all make it a wonderful day.
mercy, did he jest wait too long? rotors shot? how's he gonna use such 's a trade in?
@crazyhorseladycx hopefully he can at least get a few hundred as a trade in. Yes he did wait too long.
@Susan2015 i'm hopin' he can get a good deal. i dunno, we drive 'em 'til there aint much left to 'em here. my newest auto is a 2003, the eldest 'n ol' 1969 chevy p.u. 'course, ya can make payments on an auto where's ya purty much can't'n those dang repairs. i hope he takes whate'er auto he's his eyes on to his own mechanic fer a pre-buy checkup. otherwise he might jest wind up with bigger troubles 'n he started with.
@crazyhorseladycx My husband knows about cars somewhat so he will be advising my brother. Even when I was alone and bought my own used cars, I checked it out inside out. I get underneath the car and look at it, the tires, pop open the hood, looking for rust or old parts, anything I can find. And I always get a carfax report.
@Rosekitty (19443)
• San Marcos, Texas
Good Morning Susan..love your weather ..still in the 90's for us..woke up to ants in my kitchen..darn things..just what purpose are they?
@Rosekitty I don't like ants in the house either. For a couple years they were coming in the side of the house. I don't like to find them in my closet on my clothes. I had to have Terminex come out for a few years.
@Rosekitty (19443)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Susan2015 I made baked chicken last night and didn't rinse off the plates or wash them so of course they came straight to them..oh come on ants..like their isn't a dumpster nearby??
@Rosekitty They can smell anything. I haven't had any in the kitchen but they like dog food. So I always check the food bowls when I go by them. Bad enough having them in the closet and on the windowsills in the bedrooms. I would freak out if I saw them in the kitchen.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I hope your brother is able to find a car. I don't like car shopping but I love the outcome.
Thank you @simone10. I like to car shop. I've seen at least five cars that I'd like to have. Bernie said no. I wish I had the money to just buy him a good used car but he'll have to take out a small loan. Lots of cars out there in the 3 thousand price range, so that's good.
@Susan2015 not to sound too awful rude, but why'ja wish to give him funds fer a good used car when he didn't take care 'f the one he had???
• Riga, Latvia
@Susan2015 Hope your brother finds a car he likes.
Hope he finds a better car. That estimate sounds really high
@Marilynda1225 My husband isn't letting them scam my brother.
I suppose could always take it to an independent mechanic just to see what it might cost, but if its already old anything over that 2-3K mark is almost always a newer used car easier. and shees, 5K. There are brand new cars out there for 8!
@Jessicalynnt Yes that is so true so no use putting it all into a 2000 chevrolet. He can get a newer one for the price of the repairs almost.
So far it's a nice day here and is getting better by the minute - sun is out and no fog. Have a good one.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
It is nice here too right now, not to hot. just right. It is supposed to be 71 and it is 67 right now. This is so nice, as the summer was extremely hot, so I am glad for the cool weather.
I hope that your brother will get a good used one. Just have to really check it good first.
Cars are so expensive to maintain.
You know it will all work out.