Stumped by Swagbucks

@Raelove (14544)
Saco, Maine
Once again, I must be missing some important element. I'd been hearing a lot about people earning a few dollars here and there on Swagbucks, so I decided to explore it and sign up. I spent quite a bit of time there last night before calling it quits, and once again, I didn't see the big deal. And in the end, it was more frustrating than it was worth. I selected "Surveys," as I don't want to buy anything or sign up for free trials. I've been burned by them before, so that's out. For all my efforts, I kept being told that I didn't match the survey, sorry. And when I did, I was asked the same questions 10 different ways from Sunday, which further irritated me. How do people make money there, is my question? I'm stumped.
@yukimori (8547)
I do pretty well on Swagbucks when I'm actively working it. The surveys are extremely frustrating, and I typically avoid them because I hate being disqualified in what seems like the middle of the survey. My favorite method of earning tends to be the nCrave video offers under Watch. I use a second computer to run them. The first one I do is typically the Random card at the very end of the page. As soon as that credits, the cards with Discovery Mode (autoplay) appear and I just let one of them run on my 2-in-1 while I sit at my desktop and do other things like myLot. It seems they've just added the SB values to each card, plus a timer on the pages. The offers page is worth checking out because there are a lot of simple ones that just require you to watch a video or view a slideshow to earn your Swagbucks. I rarely have issues with any of the offers I complete on Swagbucks crediting. They should send offers straight to your inbox, so pay attention to that. They do several really easy video offers like that every week. You can also earn from searching, and their cash back is worthwhile if you're already planning to buy from a supported merchant. I've been known to order things online and pick up in the store just to get the extra cash back. I always compare their cash back rate to Ebates before I purchase, though. The rates are typically similar, but occasionally one will have a lot better deal than the other running.
@katsmeow1213 (28707)
I hate surveys, and I also hate signing up for offers. I mostly do the videos on Swagbucks. I have an old cell phone I"m not using anymore so I downloaded the mobile app and that cell phone sits there and plays videos all day long.. and I don't have to do a thing except my phone freezes occasionally so I have to unfreeze it. I'll also play some videos on the Swagbucks site. You don't have to sit there and watch them. You can start them and open another tab and ignore them. I also do the searches and get a few points each day from that. I can rack up 2200 points within a few weeks to earn the $25 Amazon card and that's honestly all I do to earn the points. That's with working a full time job and having 5 busy kids. Of course I earn it a lot faster when my phone cooperates and doesn't freeze on me!
@Raelove (14544)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks. Yes, I did figure out how to do the videos without actually watching them. I did a couple yesterday while doing other things. I have no clue, though, how the searches work, so I didn't even bother with those. I was also wondering how many points it took to be able to redeem for anything worthwhile, and now I know!
@Raelove You can get a $5 gift card for 500 SBs.. but I like to save up and get the $25 card for 2200 SBs. There are multiple ways to search. Either through the site, or by downloading the toolbar, or by setting Swagbucks as your default search engine, the instructions are on their blog somehwere. I used to have the toolbar but then was worried about the safety of it so I just went and added it as my default search engine.
@Rollo1 (16674)
• Boston, Massachusetts
You only have to snag one survey every so often and yeah, some days I don't get one because I don't qualify. But there are so many other ways to make the bucks. The Daily Poll, Watch videos (hint: you don't really need to watch, just let them run in another tab) play games, etc.
@Raelove (14544)
• Saco, Maine
I did that today, let a string of movies run while I did something else. I did one survey that was supposed to give me 30 SB's, but I only got 1 out of it. I'll either get the hang of it or I won't!
@gregario888 (1306)
• Aurangabad, India
It looks like a scam.
@Raelove (14544)
• Saco, Maine
It's not. But it does take some finagling to get it going. I don't really have the time, but it's fun to dabble there once in awhile.
@gregario888 It's not a scam - I've been on SB for years! Now there are problems with certain offers at times - and that can be frustrating. But I have never had a payout problem with them, and support has always gotten back to me or at least resolved any issues I've had.
• Aurangabad, India
@much2say Some of their surveys never come to an end. It usually happens with people, who may take you on a wild goose chase. It doesn't seem a good thing, gives that impression.
Yeah, I can't be bothered with surveys any more. Every time I think I'll give one a try, I just end up frustrated. They should have to delete all your info if they screen you out, at the very least.
@Raelove (14544)
• Saco, Maine
@Lady_Justice I'm tired of giving them something and getting nothing in return.
I only do encrave and I have made hundreds on that site. My mother has made way more then me. My neighbor buys all her diapers with swagbucks. My sister just joined and now swags. I don't do surveys at all.
@Raelove (14544)
• Saco, Maine
I have no idea what Encrave is. Maybe I should check the site again, as I don't remember seeing that there.
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I've read very mixed reviews of Swagbucks. Some people seem to like it a lot but others have the same complaints as you do. I was curious to try it out for myself but they won't accept people from my country, though it doesn't say so in their TOS.
@Raelove (14544)
• Saco, Maine
Jeez, what is up with that? Excuse you for not being in the U.S.! Ya, SB isn't all that and the proverbial bag of chips. I guess I'm just not good with that stuff, or patient enough!
Multi-tasking is the way to go! I have several tabs/windows open to do several activities at the same time - in the background while I write or go do something else. I do SBTV, nCrave, nGage, JunVideo (Laptopguy as they call him), and sometimes there are those special offers with videos you can run. I look on their FB page for hints people post about the offers that are crediting (some will credit, some won't). I like it when the numbers jump with lots of SBs. And for that reason, I do like surveys, that is, if I qualify. There are times when I qualify for absolutely nothing, but then there are days when I can qualify for a couple or more (but very rarely though) - in any case, I don't concentrate on surveys. I will sign up for some things - but never for those that require my phone number. I did that at one time and I got gobs of unwanted phone calls - never again! Anyway, my goal is to at least make the first daily goal everyday - but most days I can go beyond that. So it is worth it if you already on the computer!
What I do on Swagbucks is use the search engine for everything, plus do the daily poll and watch some videos. Nothing else. I don' t make much but that is all I am willing to do.
@akalinus (12428)
I have made over $900 on Swagbucks. I cannot do surveys and do not buy anything for points. I try to find the quick and easy stuff I can do over and over. I do a lot of searches and usually get at least one search win, some days several. I find that it is easier if I do it until tired of it and then do something else. I come back for a while several times a day when I am home.
• Shreveport, Louisiana
I usually do all the gold surveys, although, like you I usually don't qualify for them, but when I do it only takes me a few minutes and I get rewarded 60-100 swagbucks which seems worth it. I also do the daily poll and watch videos.
@rosekiss (30159)
• Eugene, Oregon
I am a member of swagbucks too, but I haven't done much on it yet. I watch videos, and do swagbuckstv, which I have on my iPhone. I have 97 swagbucks just watching videos. I don't watch them everyday, as i would have more if I did.