Fight or Flight

@bookbar (1612)
Sudbury, England
Decided to give up on the 'Fight' mechanism,, with 'you know which' site,as fighting Silence, is quite difficult, and resorted to the 'Flight choice' as I see many here have, also, and it's great to see so many friendly faces again. I hope I can crawl my way around here, and do My Lot justice...'old jelly heads' don't quite adapt as easily as they used to...already had to, ask @Ladyduck for help, very grateful to her. The day didn't start well, as the ManArcher and me, woke with colds and sore throats, so to the kitchen, to rustle up Garlic/Onion soup, for later...will try not to breath it over the airwaves. I then crept into the garden for a dose of Autumn, Vitamin D, from a very bright and warm. Sun, in a bright,blue sky. Finally made it to the 'box'o tricks' for an attempted first post, which may or may not fall on deaf ears. Trust the weather is being kind, where you are too,..I do love a sunny UK Autumn, or if I lived elsewhere would love that too.
I am glad my tip was helpful. We have a terrible weather here today, it looks more like winter than autumn. I hope the sun will be back tomorrow. I need to fix my vitamin D before winter.
@ladyduck I guess you are going to have to take the bottled kind of vitamin D.
@marlina I take drops, to be absorbed by the body the vitamin D needs to be associated with oil. I have a doctor prescription.
@owlwings (39753)
• Cambridge, England
@LadyDuck Mushrooms which have been exposed to ultra-violet (sunlight or artifical) for 30-60 minutes contain as much vitamin D as supplements. If you like mushrooms, they can be a very useful source. Cooking does not destroy Vitamin D, so you don't have to eat them raw!
@pgntwo (22541)
• Carthage, Tunisia
Hi! Once you get past some of the bells and whistles, I think you'll enjoy it here. As the most helpful and accommodating @owlwings notes,: Welcome!
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Thanks, overwhelmed by the welcome and delighted to see friendly faces again...it was actually a comment by @owlwings, that spurred me to move on...
@pgntwo (22541)
• Carthage, Tunisia
@bookbar An overall good egg, that @owlwings, nice to be welcomed like that, makes you feel right at home. A class act.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I couldn't get into the other place this morning. It's much easier here, the site is quick, and well, a lot of us are here now. So, no need to feel ill at ease, all your friends are here.
Hello Anja, It is nice to see a lot of ex BB here, isn't it?
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Thank you Anja, really appreciate it., I'm only there,to hopefully get paid...not being able to access the bubble seems to have become a daily event lately...
• Uzbekistan
Hello! I came here three days ago. If I can find my way around myLot, you can, too. I'm sure I'm older than you are. I've already written a post on the many members I know from the other site and from sites I was on before. Youre not alone!
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Haha,..that's funny @Maluse, about being older than me...I doubt it! Good to see you!
@1creekgirl (11947)
Yep, I'm another defector from that other site. Although I still check in, I like Mylot a lot!! Haven't been here long but love seeing many B buddies.
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Hi Vicki, only check in there,'cos still waiting for my July payment...you have to believe in miracles,don't you?
@inertia4 (27713)
So I am taking it that you totally gave up on the B site. Well, you had to make a choice I guess. But you made a great choice coming here. I think we all know that MyLot is the place to be and is the original site of it's kind. Sorry you and hubby don't feel good. Rest and take care of one another.
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Well I would have dumped them, but... still hoping for the miracle of getting paid,having been waiting over 2 months,and Val6 has left, so no one bothers to reply to money queries, maybe they're all just hoping we'll go away, responding with the Silent Yawn,..as ever!
@bookbar it's sad to know of yet another member who stayed, kept posting, but still unpaid. according to the moderator, redemptions should now be addressed to bear.
@inertia4 (27713)
@bookbar Really? Val6 has left? I didn't know that. That is news to me. I knew one of the other staff members left but not Val6. I hope the site is going to continue. I know Persona Paper is having some issues financially. They made a post about it. I see that one going down first though.
@owlwings (39753)
• Cambridge, England
A very hearty welcome to MyLot! You will find lots of helpful people here and I'm sure that you will find many old friends here still bubbling (with enthusiasm and without a capital 'B') ... and that you'll make several new ones as well! I'm sorry to hear that you have a cold. Vitamin D, vitamin C, onions and garlic are really the best things for it (as well as a hot toddy at bed-time). I expect that you will have found the "Help" section in the little box up there on the left with your name and avatar. That's always the first place to start - the 'rules' are called Guidelines here because they're mostly obvious and because our Admin, @goaskalice , is a human being and he is also very helpful and understanding to the honest folk here. Unlike Bubblews, there is no upper or lower limit on how much you type in discussions, responses and comments, though, of course, it's best to be as descriptive and as relevant as you can to express your point! You will also find that you can edit your posts (including responses and comments), so you have no need to feel foolish about typos. I'm sure you will have many other questions and many of them may well be answered in the discussion below. Do feel free to respond there (or anywhere else appropriate) to ask any others you may have!
I've been a member here since October 2006 and I and several others have tried to help newcomers to understand the site and to get the best out of it. I've...
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Many thanks , seems you're just a local between Cambridge and Suffolk,and I only migrated to this site on your recommendation..thank you!
@owlwings (39753)
• Cambridge, England
@bookbar That be thirt'-foive moil! Moi owl daankey wud draap deyd 'fore 'Ayvrill!
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
@owlwings Nice spelling ,though I might be forgiven for saying, that your Owl is a very discerning character...as most people would, if they had any sense, approaching Haverhill!
Fall Colors
@bookbar, Dear Jennifer, I am glad that you made it all the way here. You will find a lot of your BB friends here. You will not feel lonely. Welcome to MyLot, from MIMIMI
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Thank you Mimimi..I was a little confused with the name change, and good to see those friendly faces again..
@bookbar It's fun to see each other here now.
• Midland, Michigan
So, I just joined last night. I was curious about the 'discussion' part of posting, but it looks to me we mainly write about anything as usual and if we get feedback we do well and if not we don't just like anywhere else. I'm still over there some, and elsewhere too. But, have to stay away from all for a short bit, I hope, unless I write something here later, but then I'll be hooked, I'm sure. :)
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Certainly operates more smoothly, so far, but as have only been here a day, I'm still fumbling my way around...but this site, as writers go, is More the Bubble, than the Bubble, no wonder there are so few familiar faces 'over there'...and I'm getting a little tired of not being paid, what they owe me along with others. So welcome also Marsha, hope for a long term association here, as the other appears to be pedaling backwards, again...
As you can see, there are a lot of people you know here. I joined in frustration at the other site, but haven't abandoned it. I like it here though, so I hope you do too.
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
It's really a pleasure to see so many familiar faces here, unlike 'over there'...
It's been in the 70's here for our first day of fall. It's very fun on here.
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Doubt the UK will make the 70's in Autumn/Fall, but very pleasant...good to see you!
With so many familiar faces you will feel at home here. I do not remember seeing you there but makes little or no difference. Pleased to meet you.
@suziecat7 (3393)
• Asheville, North Carolina
I hope you feel better soon. I like it here - it runs much more smoothly with very few glitches and so many familiar faces.
@bookbar (1612)
• Sudbury, England
Well humungous gliches have become a way of life and totally time wasting...it's often easier to stay with familiar, than to do yourself a favour and move on...but let's face it, it couldn'r really be any worse than what the bubble's become...thanks.