An Avocado Breakthrough

@Raelove (17750)
Saco, Maine
Anyone who uses lots of avocados knows how quickly the flesh turns dark if it's exposed to the air. I love them and rarely buy them because of that. I've never known what to do with them other than add them to a salad or a sandwich or make guacamole with them. This morning, I found a real life-saver recipe that will enable me to buy them all the time: a quick salad dressing that calls for just 6 ingredients! All you do is puree the avocado pulp with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. I used my mini-chopper for this, and it worked great. When you're done, you can thin the dressing with a little water to your liking. The recipe says that it keeps in the fridge for about a week or maybe even longer. It would be easy to double this recipe, too. I just made some, and it is absolutely delicious. It tastes a lot like guacamole. But now, I'll have another healthy choice to use on my daily lunch salads!
I bought one avocado once and wasn't crazy about it.
@Raelove (17750)
• Saco, Maine
I like it a lot. I find it has a creamy mild buttery flavor that other vegetables lack. It's nothing I would ever have eaten as a kid!
I used them up fast when they are ready.The dark will not harm I am sure.But do understand
@Raelove (17750)
• Saco, Maine
It doesn't harm, but it does change the taste. I'll be making more of this dressing!
@topffer (36696)
• Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
It looks like a French pistou sauce where the basil is replaced by avocado. It is the oil that keeps the green color of basil/avocado. When it is made without lemon juice a pistou sauce is used to prepare a soup, and for salads with lemon juice. It is certainly also good with avocados. I will try it.