Garlic for a Healthy Life

Riga, Latvia
There are people who cannot stand the smell of garlic. However garlic is good for health and should be a part of everyone’s diet. Just think if you have lots of garlic at home you can watch all the vampire movies you want and the vampires will keep away from your house since they cannot stand garlic. Just couldn’t resist this bit of humor. Garlic can be used to make buttery delicious garlic bread. It can be crushed and added to salads and added to sauces and soups. You can use whole cloves, slices, chop, mince or grind the garlic into paste. Garlic is delicious when added to roasted meats especially lamb and each garlic clove has only 4 calories. Studies show that garlic helps to fight against cancer and cardiovascular disease. It has a high antioxidant content that reduces free radicals in the bloodstream also lowering cholesterol. Garlic helps to fight against plaque buildup which is detrimental to heart health. In China they did a study and found out that eating two garlic cloves raw two or more times a week reduced the risk of lung cancer. This study was done on smokers and non-smokers. The results showed that smokers reduced the risk of lung cancer by 30% and the non-smokers by 44%. Garlic also offers you many nutrients such as manganese, tryptophan, vitamin B6, vitamin C and some antioxidants. It also has antibacterial properties which increase blood circulation and will definitely let you breathe easier when you have a bad cold. Now for all of you who are against garlic there are garlic oil capsules and also garlic tablets. What do you think of garlic and do you use it in recipes? You can read more about garlic and get some wonderful recipes at:
Turns out that garlic isn’t just for keeping away the vampires. Scientists have found that it can also help curb things far more deadly, like cancer and cardiovascular disease. The sweet, nutty flavor and aroma are unbeatable, packed in just 4 calories per
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I absolutely hate garlic, however it is prepared. Count Dracula likes garlic more than I do.
I like the taste of garlic but hate the smell on people's breath.
@vandana7 (63677)
I just got a lot of lasani cha tikhat from my former neighbor. It is made from garlic..coconut and chillie powder. It can be sprinkled on any curry and it makes them all yummy yummy.
• Riga, Latvia
Sounds really good @vandana7 garlic is one food item I cannot do without.
• Preston, England
I love garlic. If I'm not out on a date or with friends who are not also on garlic I'll have some