Do you eat these?

Boise, Idaho
Pinto beans are good food. They are best served with cornbread. YUM!! As well as being high in fiber they are high in molybdenum, a very good source of folate, and a good source of protein, vitamin B1, and vitamin B6 as well as the minerals copper, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Very good for us. Dried beans can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to 12 months. If you buy them at different times they have gone through different degrees of dryness. For this reason it is a good idea to store them separately . Sort the beans by taking out any dirt clods, broken or odd looking beans and then soak them over night in water completely covering them. To cook them using the stove top method you will want to use three cups of water for each cup of beans. Leave the liquid about two inches from the top of pot. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat. They usually take one to one and a half hours to become tender.
I adore dried beans. I too soak them and they are such a cheap good for you meal.
You can stuff or just have them by themselves.
@celticeagle I usually add them to rice too along with a bunch of other stuff to stretch out the meal.
@TiarasOceanView ........I put onions and a ham hock if I have one.
@GreatMartin (5786)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I love beans of all kinds but I always eat too many which isn't good for a diet as they are high in calories--no I don't have a 1/4 of a cup!
@drannhh (15240)
I pressure cook mine (the older cookers said not to do this, but now the electronic ones are safe for all kinds of beans). My favorite bean recipe calls for a handful of purslane which adds omega. I don't soak them overnight either, but rather I cook them 10 minutes and pour off the first water and then add seasonings and cook another 40 minutes.
I like pinto beans, I use them to prepare a Chili con carne.