Another Eclipse post...

SuperMoon Eclipse
I'm sure a bunch of Mylotters are already gabbing about last night's supermoon eclipse... but I got this decent shot of the eclipse and wanted to share, so you'll have to put up with at least 1 more post about it. I let the kids stay up late to watch it, because you know it's not a regular occurrence. I sent them to bed at 10:10, just after the moon was completely in shadow. Then I snapped this picture and came inside myself. I went back out about half an hour later but the clouds had moved in and at that point I couldn't even tell where the moon was supposed to be! Then I went to bed so never saw the rest of it...
I didn't get to see it. I was headed into work before the eclipse and then my first outside break was at midnight and it was already gone, plus I was too focused on getting back to work to care. It's pretty though.
That's too bad. My son was working too and hubby had to go pick him up so they missed a lot of it too.
@katsmeow1213 It's what, once in a thousand year occurrence? guess I'll have to wait :-P
@ScribbledAdNauseum Actually I believe it will happen again in 25 years, you'll be able to see it then.
@PhredWreck (6051)
Nice shot...here's a shot of it 10 minutes ago on its way down this morning
Looks nice and clear now! LOL
@katsmeow1213 Yeah, cleared up around 12:30 after all the fun was over
@PhredWreck We had a few clouds here and there early in the night, but it didn't completely ruin our view. But close to 11 when the moon was totally eclipsed is when the clouds came in too heavy to even tell where the moon should have been. That's when I gave up and went to bed.
• Preston, England
Great that you got such a cool shot of it - glad the cloud held off long enough for you to see something. I watched it all (peaking at 3 AM in the UK) and it was impressive.
I could not stay up too late as I had to work early the next morning. I just waited for it to disappear and then I went to bed.
• Preston, England
@katsmeow1213 the reappearance is just the same in reverse so you didn't miss much
@sofssu (14493)
Wow you did get a good picture.. I knew we did have the slightest chance of seeing it as it was raining heavily.
Aww, that's too bad. We got really lucky, it was fairly clear early in the night, the clouds came in later.
@Rollo1 (16653)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I had nothing to take a photo with, yours came out pretty decent.
I tried it with my phone but it wasn't coming out good... so I grabbed my camera. The only trouble was I was trying to zoom in and my shutter speed is kind of slow, so if my arms moved even a tiny bit the image would be blurry. It took me about a dozen tries to get this one!