Not much luck finding a minivan today

Today I went out looking for a minivan to buy. My budget is under $4000. We went to at least 15 different dealerships but there weren't all that many minivans and they were either in really bad shape, really high mileage, really old or too expensive. One that I loved was a Saturn Relay but was $5295 and she was not willing to go lower then a few hundred dollars. Another place we went to had a few choices. Two were R-titled from hail damage. The one I am contemplating is a 2005 Ford Freestar for $4000 only because it only has 47,871 miles. That's really low mileage for a vehicle that old and no rust. I was hoping to come home today with a new van so I was pretty bummed. I checked on craigslist and found a few that are about half the price of the dealers. I prefer to buy from a dealer as I think they are less likely to sell something that the transmission is going to quit or other problems.
@Rollo1 (16651)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Even if you buy it from a dealer, the transmission could still go and many times, there's no warranty on the transmission. The Ford would be a good bet, because the Ford transmission goes at about 90,000 miles. I hope you find something suitable in your price range.
Yikes how do you know that the Ford transmission goes at about 90,000 miles? Most of the vans that I am looking at used are well over that mileage. The van I have right now is about 115,000 I think and is done but the transmission is still good on it. Its the water pump and rust that is an issue. Once I had a dashboard issue and the lights wouldn't work so they had to take the whole panel out and put a used one in. The odometer wasn't correct to my old odometer reading after that. I worry that something like this could happen with the van that is only 47,000 miles as that seems so low for a van that is 10 years old.
Hope that you are able to find one. You will know which one to get, just go with your instincts.
My instincts are never very good although my instincts did tell me now to fix up the Volkswagen Beetle and I tried anyway and it wound up being too expensive to fix all the repairs. The last time I found a van it was a pretty easy find. It was like $3500 and the guy marked it down so that after tax I think it was only $2500 I paid and it lasted me two years.
I hope you will be able to find a minivan with the money that you have.
I am really hoping to find one soon that I can afford. On craigslist there are a lot that are lower cost then the dealers. I worry about buying things off sellers who aren't dealers though although my dad almost always buys off sellers not dealers. My dad is going to try to get the van with the low mileage for $1000 less. If so to me it would be a good deal although he thinks it is still to high cost. If the dealer won't go lower then I will be buying one off of craigslist instead.
@Freelanzer (8567)
Good luck with your search. when you least expect it you may find exactly what you want