Lunch beside the Sea

By Val
@valmnz (12758)
New Zealand
Today we travelled two hours across country to spend the day with our son. As we often do while there, we had lunch at one of our favourite restaurants, looking out on to the Pacific Ocean. It was a brilliant day and the sea was sparkling. For lunch the three of us shared a huge pot of steamed mussels and a cheeseboard, accompanied by a glass of good local white wine of course. Later we sat further along the beach enjoying a coffee as we talked. Family time, good food and wine, sea and sunshine and good coffee out under the sun - a perfect day. What would make a perfect day for you?
That sounds a perfect day Val. I have had several perfect days - how can I forget the day when I had organised a classmates' meet - we were meeting after 40 years at this place - my dream home Solitaire - the only man around was my husband. .
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
I'll bet your husband kept himself out of sight though thinking about it, mine would have wandered out to say hello.
@valmnz He was getting all the attention and was a part of the crowd.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
I love going to the beach and see the sea, the waves, the immensity of the ocean.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
The beaches on my side of the country are sandy ones, the one we went to yesterday had a stony shoreline.
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
@valmnz I prefer the sandy ones. But there are some stony beaches that are incredible beautiful.
@gregario888 (1282)
• Aurangabad, India
Nothing like a trip through hills on a bike.
I do love the sea and live too far inland right now to see it too often, I want to change that in the next few years.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
We live inland too, but the sea is only about half an hour away. Yesterday we gravelled right across to the other side of the country, to the other coast. Only took just over two hours. You're never too far from the sea in New Zealand.
@valmnz Id have, mmn 5 odd hours I think. I actually want to live on an island, or something like that, maybe someday
@sofssu (14462)
Sounds like a great day to me. I enjoy every minute i spend with my family. I am not so keen on food though.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
These days all our encounters together seem to involve food in one way or another
@ramapo17 (24002)
• Melbourne, Florida
@gardengerty that is the perfect day in my mind. There is nothing better than spending time with either of my children or grandsons and eating outside. Perfect.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
I'm inclined to agree and a bit of sunshine and sea breeze never goes astray.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I enjoy a good hike, followed by a good dinner. You've probably seen me post about that on "that other site." I'll probably do some similar posts here. Sounds like you had a lovely day!
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
It was a lovely day, thanks. Must wish we could do it more often.
wow sounds like a great time, i have not been out to eat like that in a while
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
We enjoyed the day.
@garymarsh6 (14075)
Sounds my cup of tea too but for me the perfect day would be beside the sea with a bag of steaming hot fish and chips with plenty of vinegar and salt! Oh bly now you have got me drooling!
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
Your fish and chips would go down well here too
I'd join you if I could.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
Our son has only been over there six months and so now of course we can go visiting
In my perfect day there wouldn't be any mussels.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
Scallops, prawns and oysters would have been even better but I am a bit of a steamed mussel fan.
@cahaya1983 (10053)
Any day spent with my family, just enjoying the outdoors, is a perfect day for me. Of course, a meal at a nice restaurant would be the icing on the cake.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
It was the view from the restaurant, as well as the food, that makes that place enjoyable.
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
I really can't think of anything more perfect than what you have described Val.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
And of course, you recognised that my tablet changed cheeseboad into chessboard! Fixed now I hope.
We are nowhere near an ocean. I would love a meal by a lake though. A sandwich or soup something light and unusual.
Your day pretty much describes a perfect day to me :)