medicaid&medicare

Vancouver, Washington
Why are they treated so differently when it comes to care they recieve?i have noticed a big difference in the quality of care that they recieve from hospitals and drs
I think the perception is that medicare has been earned and medicaid is a hand out.
• Vancouver, Washington
yes medicare is earned i agree and medicaid is a different type of handout
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
Sorry - I don't know what the difference is.
• Vancouver, Washington
medicaid pays for everything basically and medicare it has co pays for just about everything medicare premium b goes up every year you have a certain amount depending on presciptions and the medicare co payments the copays for pcp 15.00 the xray 13.00 bloodwork 13.00 spend down limit out of pocket presciptions 1.20-3.60 now 8.00 next year brands almost 10.00 my friend was turned away because she didn't have any insurance didn't know if they could do that it might be the amount the drs are paid and the hospitals remburstment alot of the drs here aren't excepting any more medicaid patients making it real hard to find a specialist pcp
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
@softbabe44 "was turned away" Is she eligible for Medicaid? Is she poor enough for Medicaid? Without getting into it here I have 0 co-pays for doctors, hospitals, specialists, and pay for only 3 of my 12 medicines. I live in a senior residential complex of near to 300 old people and, trust me, we have had every situation you can have with both M & M.
• Vancouver, Washington
@GreatMartin She has the money she does have some medical needs but they don't seem to want to help her i don't know if its a visit she had before or what she did
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Maybe it depends on the facility. I am on medicaid through Obamacare and I haven't been treated any differently.
@rusty2rusty (6766)
• Defiance, Ohio
Because the government pays for it. The government will not give what a doctors asks as payment. The government will only cover so much.
@Shellyann36 (11273)
The Medicare system is totally confusing to me. My family had to wade through that mess with my Granny. It was all very confusing. Medicaid seems to be more straight forward.
@owstalaga (4576)
Oh, maybe it's all about the money again. People who need to get government subsidy are maybe discriminated upon? Too bad if it happens then. Somebody ought to do something about that.
@Freelanzer (9499)
Our system is much different that yours so I can't comment but it is an interesting discussion
@dodo19 (33571)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
As a Canadian, I'm not familiar with the system in the States.
I get treated just like everyone else. I don't think it makes a difference to be honest. If you want the truth I get a lot of what others can't and for that I am grateful.
@sofssu (14448)
I guess the difference would be in the aid that comes from the government. I am not sure though.
@GreatMartin (5674)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
In what way are they treated differently? They are two completely different plans.
Is it because the government will only pay so much and that is it.