Tea and oranges

@xFiacre (10509)
Ireland
It's long gone midnight and I've no desire to sleep just yet, but to lie here on top of the bed and drink in the loveliness of the cold night air streaming from the distant stars and through my bedroom window that I've left open to welcome the night and whatever treats it has for me. In the background Fabrizio de André is singing Leonard Cohen's Suzanne in Italian and I've travelled back to 1976, to Genoa. It's gone midnight and I'm lying on rocks beside the sea and a Canadian girl's singing Suzanne and the stars are stinging my eyes and my clothes are damp and I long for tea and oranges that come all the way from China. I drift away on a sea of guitars and the graceful silhouettes of slowly swaying pine trees, but not before its time to climb under the blankets and let my own Suzanne take me down to her place by the river.
I love the song of Fabrizio De Andrè and I had completely forgot Suzanne. The songs of De André are never trivial, some are funny, some are sad, but the lyrics touch your heart.
@xFiacre (10509)
I only discovered him recently.
@xFiacre I have all his songs, many on vinyl, I am a fan since I was a teen.
@glenniah (1250)
• Mandurah, Australia
Lovely story and descriptions you do have a way with words.
@xFiacre (10509)
Why thank you!