A Few Things That I'm Grateful About

I was very grateful for the last two days off. Even though I complain about my job, I’m still grateful to have it. Only eight more years until retirement for me. The weekends, it’s wonderful to have at least one day and a half off. The weather because it’s in the 60’s, it’s not too hot or humid.
I"m with you there, albeit a bit behind in years until I can retired. I make myself sick somedays with anxiety and stress, and know I need to make a change, but can't afford to do so
@Jessicalynnt I'm still looking for a different job. Mine can be very stressful but am trying to be positive about what I have. It is hard sometimes.
@Susan2015 me too, it's just hard to match the salary and the benefits I currently have.
I can remember enjoying those precious days off when I was working
@Beatburn (3923)
You're almost there! What do you plan to do on your retirement? I woke up this morning counting my regrets... I stopped myself and instead thought of all the blessings I've received. Good to be positive.
It's easy to be regretful, but there is always at least one reason to be grateful, I do think @Beatburn.
@Beatburn (3923)
@Susan2015 There always is!
I use to love weekends when I was working, now I love the week days much better.
Yes, I can imagine that you do. So would I, I would love every day off.
It's always nice to have a day off. Two is even better.
@Tampa_girl7 When I'm able to have my two days off, I really cherish them. But then I don't want to go back to work on Thursday.
@mom210 (6168)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I would rather have 70's to be that is the perfect temp. You can tough it out for eight more years.
@fawkes62 (1354)
I agree, the 70's are about perfect, unless it's humid.
@katsmeow1213 (29023)
It's a bit chilly here... I'd go for 5 degrees warmer. 1 more day then I get a weekend, and aside from the Marching Band show, I have no plans for this weekend. I'm going to rest on Sunday and maybe clean if I feel up to it. I feel a cold coming on so I may just have to rest.
@garymarsh6 (12738)
I love my job too but I can not wait to retire to do all the things that I want to do. Selfish or what? NO I have worked for it! Sadly the retirement age is now 67 though so I would have another 12 years to do so I am going to downsize the house and hopefully go at 60 without part of the pension!
• Riga, Latvia
@Susan2015 if your time goes as fast as my time before you know it you'll be writing and say only four more years to go. Great to get time off when you have to work everyday.
@Hate2Iron (7299)
You just reminded me of my Gratitude Book... that I keep forgetting to write in. I bought it with the best intentions, but there are a lot of empty pages in it. Today, I shall be grateful for the fact that our house finally sold. REALLY GRATEFUL lol!
@wetnosedogs (1572)
Hopefully the eight years before retirement go fast.
@amnabas (9956)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Its good to be contented with what we have rather than complaining all the time susanz