The unobtainable beta-blocker!

@alberello75 (18335)
Genova, Italy
I have already spoken in my previous post, of my drinking problem. I have solved this problem, but unfortunately, not yet completely! For this reason, I have often taken by attacks of tachycardia with pulse rate around 130 beats per minute! The remedy to this problem, was told to me (and I say this in the sense that I have not even real certainty), by a medication called beta-blocker. But going to the pharmacy, without a prescription, impossible to obtain, even pay it on surcharge! So I went to my doctor for me to prescribe such a drug, but he said this: "I gave you a beta-blocker, in order to allow you to get drunk? As if it were a authorization? NO, your final solution remains in stop drinking in a definitive way!". Ok, the doctor is surely right, but nevertheless we all know that, "say" stop definitely to certain vices, is not easy! However, I declare openly that when I am taken from tachycardia, which can last also five hours, I'm very awful, even lying in bed! Maybe my doctor, at this point, in my opinion could also put a hand on his conscience! What do you think?
@garymarsh6 (14317)
Sadly for you your doctor is right. It will replace one addiction with another. Have you thought about Tai Chi or Yoga which may help you cope with these periods. Sometimes controlled breathing can substantially slow the heart down. Just a suggestion. Hopefully mylot friends might help you relax and take your mind off things too. Try to remain positive and value yourself!
@garymarsh6 (14317)
@alberello75 Good man you are halfway there my friend well done to you and good luck!
I am sorry to say that the doctor is right. Knowing that you can stop your tachycardia getting a beta blocker, this is an incentive to drink.
@alberello75 (18335)
• Genova, Italy
Yes, in fact, for this reason, he does not want to give it to me
@lady1993 (19613)
what is tachycardia? that sounds scary
@alberello75 (18335)
• Genova, Italy
It is a disorder by which, the pulsations of the heart, are too high. How to say too high is their frequency, eg 120 heartbeats per minute.
@lady1993 (19613)
@alberello75 thanks for explaining it i hope you get better
Maybe when you feel the need to drink you could go for a walk instead or maybe some other exercise.
@alberello75 (18335)
• Genova, Italy
Go for a walk, or maybe....Mylotting