What did you do with your first Salary !!

Pune, India
Someone asked me this question in the group discussion recently. But I had no perfect answer, as I didn't remember what I did with it. I got job in a city which is away from my family. I spent that money to my monthly expenses and the rest of the money I gave it to my father. I request you to go back to early days when you start career in the real world after your studies. Recall How did you spend your first salary ?
@anushreem (331)
• Mumbai, India
i remember i gave my complete salary to my family as had an amount to pay my expenses of that month.
• Austin, Texas
Don't remember. But I was already married, so I probably used it to pay bills.
@glenniah (1202)
• Mandurah, Australia
Oh dear, I have no idea what I did with my first salary, Perhaps I opened a bank account, I guess it wouldn't have been much. Good question tho
• Kolkata, India
bought a new phone and threw my old phone away which was driving me crazy....
• Pune, India
Oh, Good. Looks like you are gadget lover.
• Kolkata, India
@Analyst001 i am..but i do not buy any gadget unless am in need of it.. the old phone i mentioned that was faulty as hell. screen was scratched, slow, speaker was down..it was a nightmare..
Since that was way back in 1972 who knows what I did
• Pune, India
Yes, It is not easy to recall such an old thing unless the action was something special...
@Analyst001 There's a lot of stuff I don't remember, some important, most not!
I remember very well, because I started to work at the end of November, so I got my first salary just before Christmas. I bought gifts for my parents, my family and my boyfriend. I was so glad to be able to spend "MY" money.
• Pune, India
Oh! Glad to hear it. Its always gives bundles of happiness gifting something to parents with our first salary.
• Sri Lanka
my fist salary 21000 rupee :) :) now 32000 rupee at one year work experience
• Pune, India
Nice, I started my career with just Rs.7000 All the very best for your career.. !!
@cgalavia (1406)
I bought a new shirt and a trousers.I need it in my job before.. After that I don't know how the rest is being spent.
• Pune, India
Hmm. Good looking dress is always required. We need to be very careful while we are working for any company.
• United Arab Emirates
seriously saying I have no salary yet because I am studying .But I want to do some work to bear my expenses but my parents don't allow me.They just ask me to focus on studies and you have a whole life for job and salary.
I remember i did a lot of shopping, watched movies with friends, and had a lot of fun with my first salary........
• Pune, India
Invest half of it in Saving, Opening retirement fund acc, taking a swing at mutual funds, RDs/FDs ( or other better avenues ). The other half would be spent on family with the remaining amount donated to the needy. That's what am gonna do when i start my job at SBI
I remember, I was 18, and just started a great job, I brought a tv for my bedroom, that was a big thing for me
@albto_568 (1268)
• Costa Rica
I remember well, I bought a Pierre Cardin pant. Is something I always wanted, but couldn't afford before. And I will never forget, because three days after I purchase it, I tear it down, with an old nail, that was comming out from one table in an old book shelf in my room. The rest of the money, well, after hearing the scolding from my father, I gave the money to my family, and for me, only enough for the bus, not the brightest decision I ever made.
I had my own businesses since I was 12 years old and I saved most of it to buy a car when Iturned 16 years old. I did waste some on junk food.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I honestly cannot remember. This was around 50 years ago, so despite remembering many things about my first employment I have no idea what I actually did with that specific wage.