Sunday morning fun. A get together over a delicious meat.

Chile
Yesterday a had friends for lunch. Two years ago, a couple of my best friends had joined forces to buy one of those expensive cast iron pots for my birthday. Ny best friend, Humberto, said thad he´d cook his speciality to baptose the pot, so as to say. And the time went by and many things happened. Yesterday, over two years later, he came with the meat and a lot of delicious white wine. Humberto acted as a chef. I did all the dirty job such as bringing everything to the chef´s hands peeled and pared if necessary. Meanwhile I was doing all the side dishes, while in my pajamas. Humberto left the pot boiling and went to get Dixie and her mother in law and on the way he picked up Alejandra. Meanwhile, I had had a shower dine nice clothes. Then I set the table and placd appetizers there to wait with calm until the meat was done. The lunch lasted over 2 hours of talking and having fun. We went from telling each other about the kids to talking about music and literature. I thought that was my activity for the day so I went to bed as soon as they left, at around 4:00 PM. But life had other plans for me that I´ll tell in another post.
Ah @marguicha - you must be back from vacation!! Need to catch up! Sounds like you had fantastic fun with friends for lunch - and oh, sounds like there is more to this day!! (Reminder that I am SmilePie!).
As it turned out, this was only the begining of my Sunday. I´ll write down the second part in a moment. But first I have to check out that I´m following the friends that changed their usernames
@marguicha Hee hee - well this is what I was originally when we were all here. But at the other place, I was SmilePie. And it's so wonderful we are all "here" again!!
hi @much2say youo are smile pie great glad to know that trlied towork on bblews today total disaster
It sounds like a fantastic day, and apparently it was not even over yet. I hope that the rest of the day was as wonderful as this part was. So, does this mean that hopefully all of your health problems are in the past?
I live one day at a time. The lymphoma is on remision, but it cannot be cured. So I have to go to follow ups every 3 months and my oncologist gives me another 3 months´ time to have fun.
@marguicha I am sorry to hear that it cannot be cured, but I am very glad that it is in remission. I hope that it stays in remission for decades, dear one!
@purplealabaster Thanks, dear. I guess that I have come to terms with life. We must die someday. Meanwhile I´ll live as happy as I can
@vandana7 (67661)
Nice that you had great time! :)
It was way over my expectations! And the meat was superb.
That must have been for your the 'mother' of all meals. I can feel that for you.