Getting Back to Normal

We took Princess to the new house and let her stay all day. We moved our bed and we had supper here. Nothing is neat and tidy, but it is beginning to be home.We will sleep here tonight. Princess has done some exploring, and after we had burritos she sampled the remaining salsa and sour cream. She has always liked southwestern food. She especially likes refried beans but we did not have them tonight. She has walked back and forth across the computer and beaten me with her tail. She wants to be within reach of me it seems.
We've moved 4 times in 14 years and the dog adjusted better than we did.
I do not really think it is the move but all the preliminary stuff that happened that bothered and confused her, then she fell off the car, in a strange place.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
Normal? That sounds very boring and no fun at all. I can just picture the cat getting in the way while you are using the computer, all cats seem to have a natural talent for that type of thing.
She usually picks on hubby. Normal for her is not necessarily boring. She also "called" for me to come get her so she could go to bed last night, then slept on hubby's feet.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
@GardenGerty Now that does sound normal for a cat. They either want constant attention or to be left alone.
You found her! that's great news. She just needs to get comfortable in her new place.
Then we will open up the other half of the duplex and she will have more exploring to do.
@GardenGerty she'll probably really like that.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
yea i could relate to princess and the sour cream and salsa she was keeping you in site and enjoying moms company and making sure you enjoyed hers
Yeah, it is a good feeling.
@ricki_911 (19868)
• Toronto, Ontario
Sounds like everyone is settling in just fine. I hope the stress doesn't come to get later on.
I think taking her to the new house to stay has really helped her calm down. No big machines tearing up the yard, and all of our stuff that smells right.
I´m so glad that she´s back and happy!
Such a huge relief.
She needs to get to know her new space. That might not take that long either. Good luck with everything.
You are right. and she seems to be happy and settling right in.
Glad that she likes the new place. Soon she will be herself.
I think so. When we had her to her vet check up the Dr. was very pleased Said she was really healthy and doing well for her age.
@PhredWreck (6051)
I really was so happy that you had posted she was back. I tried to be nice to Scar last night, bought him some canned cat food...which he ignored. He wants my pizza.
I will probably go back to making her home made food at some point, just because she is worth it. Cats sometimes like really strange foods.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I'm glad that you and miss Princess are getting all settled in at the new place. It will be home very soon for all of you.