Halloween Whopper

@moffittjc (45184)
Gainesville, Florida
I have seen the commercial many times for the Halloween Whopper at Burger King, and each time I thought "How cool that thing looks!" Although I know that the only difference between a Halloween Whopper and a regular Whopper is the color of the bun, I for some reason JUST HAD TO HAVE ONE for lunch! Haha, yes, I fell for the clever Halloween marketing of the Burger King geniuses, but it must have worked on everyone else in the world too, because sales have skyrocketed at Burger King! I've tried twice unsuccessfully to get my hands on one of them Halloween Whoppers, only to be told that they have sold out. But, much to my surprise, they had them today at the BK restaurant I stopped at for lunch! And by the way, it was pretty delicious, and it is not just like a regular Whopper. There's more sauce (maybe it's A-1 sauce) added to cause it to drip off the sides of the burger, giving it a creeping "bleeding" effect. Have any of you tried the new Halloween Whopper yet from Burger King?
@VivaLaDani13 (22010)
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc Sweet! What colour was the bun anyway? We haven't had anything like that here for Hungry Jacks ( which is your Burger King ). I've never seen them do anything like that before.
@moffittjc (45184)
• Gainesville, Florida
The buns were black.
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc KFC was doing that for awhile. Didn't look very appealing though.
@moffittjc (45184)
• Gainesville, Florida
@VivaLaDani13 What were they giving you, black chicken? LOL
@OneOfMany (12401)
I saw one was available when I was at a BK last week, but I was saving my appetite up for chinese I was having later that day.
@moffittjc (45184)
• Gainesville, Florida
@oneofmany that's very interesting that you mentioned that, because on the day I first tried the Halloween Whopper, I was debating whether I wanted Burger King or Chinese food for lunch!
@OneOfMany (12401)
@moffittjc Chinese will always win that debate for me!
@Freelanzer (9499)
I heard about a black bun but not sure who was doing it. I would be interested in knowing what they put in the bun to turn it black
You make me want to try it.
@moffittjc (45184)
• Gainesville, Florida
@tampa_girl7 I figured it was at least worth a try! I was mostly interested in trying it so I could take a selfie of me holding the black hamburger and post it to social media! lol However, the hamburger was so messy, I had to hold it with both hands to keep it from falling apart, so in the end I didn't even get to take a selfie. But all-in-all, I thought it tasted pretty good.
This burger is not available where I live, but I have seen interesting discussion about the black bun because it seems that he... comes out from the other side green! That is what many customers are saying.