Not dead yet!

@Fleura (7112)
United Kingdom
After 2 days of heavy rain, yesterday brightened up so I thought I’d better do something about the accumulating washing. I put a load in first thing in the morning and left the machine to its own devices, but when I came to hang the washing out later I found that it was still quite wet, and on closer inspection I realised that the final spin cycle hadn’t actually run all the way to the end. Immediately I thought the worst. After all I bought this machine second hand in 2003 when I bought my first house. I paid only £15 for it; the original owners were selling it because they said the door leaked. Well apart from a little dribble when the door is finally opened, I have never had any problem with the door as long as it is closed properly, and the machine has served us well all these years, but of course I keep expecting that it can’t last much longer! I thought this must be it… but no! All that had happened was that somehow the plug had worked its way loose in the power socket, so that power was cut off before the cycle finished. I pushed the plug in again and loaded a second batch of laundry and it was fine. Another reprieve, I wonder how much longer it will keep going? All rights reserved. © Text and image copyright Fleur 2015.
@gudheart (12758)
It might be on its last legs now, but glad it lasted :D
@Fleura (7112)
It seems fine again today!
@gudheart (12758)
@Fleura Hope it does not let you down LOL
@Fleura (7112)
@gudheart So do I. I mean I don't expect it to last forever but I hope it doesn't suddenly flood the house or anything like that!
@Fleura I am so glad it worked out for you.
@Fleura (7112)
I can't believe I wrote this in 2015 - almost 3 years ago already! I'm afraid the machine did meet its end not so long ago but I've bought another cheap replacement, we'll see how long that lasts!
@Fleura Sorry about the other one. Good luck with this one.
I wonder if that socket in the plug needs replacing as it should not be loose like that.
@Fleura (7112)
It was only the plug that had worked loose from the socket, probably because the machine wobbles a bit at the moment because we need to adjust the 'feet' to make it level.
@Fleura Oh yes the wobbling might do that Fleur.
You did not pay a high price for this washer, every day it lasts is a gift.
@Fleura (7112)
It certainly is! In a couple more years (if it keeps going that long) it will work out at only £1 per year!
@Fleura Washing machine can last long years, I have the feeling that the dish washer break more often.
@Rollo1 (16652)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Even if it doesn't last much longer, you've certainly got your money's worth out of it. I hope it does last for you. Appliances are so expensive.
@Fleura (7112)
It has been an absolute bargain. I hope the next one will be as good.
@Asylum (48283)
• Manchester, England
You will have to stop walking about in a dream and tripping over the lead that runs to the socket.
@Fleura (7112)
Oh I definitely didn't do that because it runs up under a worktop!
Well,, that's good news for you!