How will I make it over the holiday's

Many of you know about forgiveness. I don't know what to do about the holiday's coming up. I want to spend Thanks giving with Adrain while my family is planning a dinner on the same block a corner away at my sister's. My mother hates adrain now and she makes no secret of it when ever possible. I don't care at this point the out come. I think I am going to set my sights on what we are going to cook and have Thanksgiving where I want it. Christmas I am also going to spend it with him. He has no one to spend these days with but me. His kids have their own lives as well. I just don't know how long my mom plans on making rude remarks about him. It bothers me so much that she does that because,she lives in the church. If she were not I would be able to take it more. I guess there is something wrong with me then. But,I need some relief soon. I guess forgiveness is not for everyone.
• Lakewood, Colorado
You need to do what is right or what feels right for you. I am sorry your Mom makes comments.
I am as well and it's only going to cause distance between the two of us.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sharon6345 I hope that you can work this out..sounds so hard Sharon.
@Rollo1 (16681)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I don't know why your mother objects to your friend, but I am sure that she believes she is looking out for you . She probably doesn't realize that her attitude makes a barrier between you and that she is likely to have no chance of discussing anything important with you because of it. Try to do the best you can, and if you have to avoid some family affairs, then do it and go your own way.
That is the only thing I can think of doing at this point. I hope it goes well for everyone.
Do not be to hard on yourself.Be firm in your thinking and just do it.
I won't be too hard on myself. I will try at least any way. Thanks very much.