Free!!!

"A ‘Free’ perk is like a free Audit. They both are too expensive!" Bernard Zeitler What happens when you get a mailing that offers something for nothing? I know people who get 'free' perks from their favorite casino, Publishers Clearing House and any number of places. I received a letter from the IRS once. They offered me a 'Free' audit. Actually they decided to audit someone (it was addressed to someone else but mailed to my address. I declined the Audit but did make sure the person who was being audited received their 'gift'. When 'Free' things are offered by a Casino or any organization trying to get your business it means one of two things: You have already paid for it in losses. Someone else paid for it or referred them to you. Consider how much it costs to get the 'free' perk next time you are offered it. Do you really want to pay the hidden price again?
Very true. Nothing is for free.
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yap. Nothing free in fact they even add taxes for it or shipping payment. Geez
@maggs224 (1708)
• Alicante, Spain
Like the saying goes 'There is no such thing as a free lunch' though we do get a free tapas with our drink at our local cafe/bars here in Spain lol...
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Wow, you have free tapas and drinks there? We only have free taste here, small cup of coffee or soup usually in the malls or groceries.
@maggs224 (1708)
• Alicante, Spain
@Tita417 No we pay for our drink it is the tapas that is free. Not all the bar/cafes give tapas but the price of the drinks are the same in both.
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@maggs224 oh my bad but at least free tapas that's more than I can ask for haha
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
A good example would be Free trial but we have to get your credit card number. HuH? It really makes no sense that's why don't go for that!
@Marcyaz (35606)
The real we don't go for those free offers that also want your credit card is because if you forget you have one month free let one day go past that time and they will charge you for a whole next month.
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Marcyaz yes I believe so too.. Very wise move for them.
Anything "free" from the casino is not free as it's likely been paid for from all the losses one has had before.
@alberello75 (18635)
• Genova, Italy
I believe that, unfortunately (because it should not be!), behind the word "free", there is always a scam!
@Marcyaz (35606)
Yes definitely a some type of scam.
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
It's a scam alright especially when you want to get out from the page, another message will pop up and say wait, there is a special offer for this stay on the page if you want to know.
@alberello75 (18635)
• Genova, Italy
@Tita417 Yes, indeed. And I should believe that every day I am the visitor number: 999,999 and then I won a prize? No, sorry!
@Drosophila (16700)
Sometime the most expensive things in life are the "FREE" ones.
@Marcyaz (35606)
Very well said
@Marcyaz (35606)
Nothing is free and I don't even bother to read these free offerings anymore.
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Good for you but me sometimes I try the free taste. Well its good and really free and of course they make it really good so you would buy in the goceries
this is very true, one should always really look at what's being offered, it might be worth it, but often is simply not.
@SHOHANA (7167)
• Bangladesh
I really don't like hidden price of products and I won't pay hidden charges except I need the product badly
@lokisdad (4264)
there's always a catch the free isn't free always something attached.