Grapefruits for Health

Daytona Beach, Florida
People either love or hate grapefruits. I prefer to drink pink grapefruit juice to eating it for breakfast. The one great thing about grapefruit is that it offers a lot of health benefits. The month of February counts as the National Grapefruit Month. The taste of grapefruit can be both sour and sweet with a tinge of tartness. This fruit has lots of fiber and is very nutritious. Eating it or drinking its juice helps to reduce LDL cholesterol levels, triglycerides, affect gene activity in cancer cells and for all of you who are weight conscious it can help with weight loss. There are several kinds of grapefruit available. They contain Vitamin A and C which gives your immune system a real boost. My favorite kind is the ruby red grapefruit which provides the most antioxidants. Then there is the bit acidic pink grapefruit which is a mix of ruby red and white and is the palest in color. There are only 53 calories in a grapefruit so it is a smart choice to eat whole or have it as juice. Below you’ll see a link where you can find lots of recipes that include grapefruit. Make sure you check for known interactions with medications like anti-allergens and anti-depressants. You can read more about this on the site also. Do you eat or drink grapefruit? Read more: Enjoying the Health Benefits of Grapefruit
What’s great about grapefruit? The list of health benefits is quite extensive, which is why all of February is National Grapefruit Month. This sweet and sour, high-fiber tropical fruit packs in quite a bit of nutrition and health benefits. Try the recipes
@sallypup (28497)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Both my husband and I like grapefruit juice. He takes grapefruits to work for a snack. Too bad that grapefruit messes with some meds.
I love pink grapefruits
• Hyderabad, India
no i enjoy eating oranges ,sweet lime.even juice extracted from them is very tasty and healthy .i stay from packaged juices claiming 100% natural and preservative free.mix little sugar and salt also enchances the taste of juice.u can try with grapefruit also. thanks for introducing the benefits of grapefruit.i will try its recipes
@owstalaga (4576)
Yes I like eating grapefruits! We call it suha and usually eat it with a bit of vinegar and some salt. Sometimes I add other spices too! Yum yum!!!
@sueznewz2 (10141)
• Alicante, Spain
I prefer to drink the juice... if I ate it, i would have to put a load of sugar on it...lol's
• Uzbekistan
You don't give us the possibility of answering 'neither'. If I eat a grapefruit every five years, then this is a lot.
@sofssu (14447)
The grape fruit here is very sour and I would need a kilo of sugar to make the juice palatable. I am wondering how your kind of grape fruit tastes.
@sofssu the pink grapefruit that they import here from southern Europe is usually very sweet for such a tart fruit.
@sofssu (14447)
@RasmaSandra I am yet to come across a sweet grape fruit.. we do have the deep red ones and the pinkish ones here.. all are really sour to a point of making you shake in your shoes.
I only like pink grapefruits that are imported from Florida. The taste is different, they are sweeter. I prefer to eat the whole fruit than to squeeze it to extract the juice.
@LadyDuck at least you have a choice and you know were your grapefruit comes from. We have grapefruit at market here but usually the quality is not so good and we don't know where it really comes from.
@RasmaSandra Our shops are obliged to state where the fruits and vegetables come from.
It looks like a pomelo which comes in two colours red and white. What we call grapefruit resembles a sour lime but huge in size.
@allknowing we have pamelos here in Latvia but they are not of good quality and not very juicy or tasty
I can't stand eating grapefruits: way to acid for my stomach.
@marlin for me it's apple juice that gives me heartburn.
• Preston, England
I'm among those who can't abide the taste of grapefruit or grapefruit juice sadly