I hope we go..

I been promised a visit to the aquarium since the summer time. Something keeps coming up where I could not go. I was asked today if I still want to go. I of course said,yes and we made plans to go this Sat. I am dreading the sharks due to fear of the glass breaking on me. I know I will cry but,I still want to go there. I really want to just walk all in that place and see what it is all about. Have you had the pleasure of visiting there in your area? was it all you wanted it to be? After that trip is out the way I want to find another place to go near by. I am reading about all the awesome places you guys are going. I don't want to travel far for anything though. an hour ride is ok with me.
Hi Sharon. I have never had the luck to visit a sea world or aquarium. Yes I too would be scared of the sharks. I would travel far and love it if I could..it is not in the cards at the moment though.
Adrian wants to go out of state for a few days. I don't like that idea right now. Hotels and things with bedbugs gone wild. not me. not now. lol.
@sharon6345 Oh yes, I know bed bugs..terrify me.
@TiarasOceanView My sister had them over 2 years and they were so hard to get rid of.
@yukimori (9092)
I've been finding a lot of local places to go by watching deals on sites like Groupon and Living Social. There's a few aquariums about two hours away from us, and we've decided to go to one of them in January for the toddler's birthday. It's kind of become a family tradition to go on an outing for the kids' birthdays. The kindergartner is really interested in jellyfish right now thanks to a book she found at the library, so she was thrilled when we asked her what she thought about that. For her birthday in March, we'll probably go to the Phoenix Zoo again. The kids love getting to pet the stingrays and feed the giraffes, and the toddler's old enough now to really enjoy the trip this time. Is it possible to just avoid the sharks? I think the aquariums here are set up so the sharks are in their own separate tanks. I doubt there's anything to worry about in terms of glass breaking--they probably check the tanks daily for any signs of damage or structural issues--but our fears aren't always rational, are they? Hope you get to go and enjoy the outing!
Those are nice places to go for the special times your having. I would like to go to the zoo if it did not smell so bad.
@yukimori (9092)
@sharon6345 That's so sad! You'd think that the keepers would be on top of taking care of anything that would cause an unpleasant odor...
@NeldaHoxie (1388)
I have been to several aquariums with large tanks. Don't worry, they are very strong and you are perfectly safe. Have a great time!
That makes me feel better about going. I hope it happens for us. Thanks for letting me know.
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I really need to take my crew there and to the zoo as well, it has been a while.
I went to the zoo as a child and can't remember the zoo at this point.
It's a long time that I do not visit a big aquarium, I am a little scared by those glass walls.
So,you know what I mean then. I will be happy to actually make it there though.
I hope you get to go and will have some fun. I go to the aquamarine that is down town once a year.
I hope to get some awesome pictures if they let me take some.