Children and their passports.

@xFiacre (6307)
Ireland
Talking of children and their passports, when my son was born in Paris I had to have him added to my passport at the embassy which was fine. Another couple we knew who had a child at the same time and were then returning to Madagascar never thought of the passport arrangements for their newborn until we told them about us getting ours sorted out. They were just going to turn up at the airport as a threesome but with two passports and only realized their omission 5 days before they were due to fly.
Odd, those who sell airline tickets are instructed to check that passengers have valid passports.
@xFiacre (6307)
Our friends had bought their tickets before baby was born!
@xFiacre Now I understand, I am glad that they realized before being at the check in line at the airport.
@xFiacre (6307)
@LadyDuck How embarrassing would that be!
Such a wonderful occurrence to have such a confusing out come.
@Hit4Hit (592)
• Hungary
Yes its a bit hard case when your nationality belongs to other country but your baby born in a different country.
I'm glad that they had you to sort them out. Of course I know nothing of passports and children so wouldn't know that it would be needed myself. I suppose it's easy to assume that it would be, especially now with more strict travel regulations.