It Is A Long Weekend For Some

@LeaPea2417 (19874)
Toccoa, Georgia
This is a long weekend for many school children, college students and government workers. Columbus Day is on Monday and many have that day off. My College age son has his Fall Break during this long weekend. We are planning on meeting family members at a State Park this weekend for a little reunion. Do any of you here in the States have any plans for this Columbus Day weekend?
I plan to avoid the stores, they will be packed due to sales. Banks are closed too.
Yes,after this raining day pass.The weekend is going to be super. We have tons of leaf peepers visiting our wonderful state of NH. Going to the White Mountain.It is beautiful.:
• Austin, Texas
Christopher Columbus
Never knew anybody to make a deal out of Columbus Day in the USA, even though we were taught that he discovered America but for some reason the country was named after Amerigo Vespucci. Nope. No plans. Why break with tradition? (Image: clker.com)
I forgot that this is Columbus Day in the United States, what a shame for an Italian to forget Christopher Columbus.
I will be working the whole weekend. Than I have Wednesday and Thursday off.
No plans. Your family reunion sounds nice. We have no family left to meet with. Just my daughter and her two kids and me.
@sishy7 (27651)
Enjoy your long weekend! We had ours here last week.
@inertia4 (27605)
I have my kids this weekend, which I am happy about. And again next weekend. Looking forward to that again. We are just chilling' at home right now.