I can't help but feel bad for myself.

I hope you will understand my issue and offer me some kind words to make the situation better. I am a fighter by blood. My mother made all of us defend ourselves no matter what. I don't bother people in any way. I don't start trouble and often stop it when ever possible. One day a few months back at the mall a man was rude and cussing out my work mate. she walked to the side and before I knew it I was cussing the rude man out. I sat down and he was saying something to the fact he was going to knock me out. He walked up to me as I sat in the chair and the workmate ran over and leaned over me covering both my hands. my face was exposed and my head was leveled to the wooden counter. had he hit me I would have had a broken jaw. I jumped up as fast as I could to get myself free enough to defend myself. he saw people gathering and left and soon security got to him and banned him from coming back. I was so mad all I coudl do was tell her not to ever cover m where I can't defend myself if he were to attack me. She was like I am scared to fight and did not know what to do. well,today it looked like a man was trying to shop lift off her section. I saw the fear all in her face and knew it would be me left out in the cold if he were to try to steal something. I talked to God for a minute and jumped out my chair. I went in a store nearby and looked around till I thought he was gone. The reason I did that was because,after being arrested I am terrified to be again. I know she would surly not help me so,now I refuse to help her. I felt so bad and right now I still feel bad. but,she told me out her own mouth if she see me fighting she would run away.
@NeldaHoxie (1388)
I think you need to start considering the consequences of your actions more. Cussing people out in a retail situation never leads to anything good. Call a manager if necessary and let them deal with it. When they shoplift, they aren't stealing your personal stuff, so don't take it so personally. There are times to defend yourself and that's different from defending your store's stuff. I don't know why you were arrested and such. I hope it doesn't happen again.
The manager of both kiosks are not on site. both of us man it on our own. This man was really high and beating on his girlfriend and then took his anger out on her. I do not ever plan to go after anyone shoplifting at all. That is why today I walked away. Thanks a lot.
@sharon6345 I am glad to hear that. It sounds like manning a kiosk is very difficult. Especially if the mall security doesn't have your back.
Unless one is fully equipped to deal with a situation one would think twice before tackling it.
I agree on that but,when forced to defend yourself there is no time like the present and you make due.
Sometimes it is better to let the item be stole than for you to get hurt.
That is why I am leaving all the time when it seems like that will happen..
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Its bad that you refused to help her. you must know that a friend in need is a friend indeed. Even he/she is bad or good. Its a friend's duty. I will never console you as everyone consoles you. I am a bit different
Then she is no friend because,when anything happens she will run and eave you. I stay to defend her and she will leave and say she knows nothing. thank you.
@yukimori (9092)
The best thing to do in that situation is to get a good description of the person, take note of what they lift, and report it to security and/or the police. No merchandise is worth getting yourself hurt over. Around here, we'd just customer service someone like that out of the store. Walk up and engage them, then keep prattling on about whatever product they were looking at until they give up and leave. Doesn't do much for the guys who come in, grab what they want, and go but it definitely deters some of the ones who want to be a little more stealthy.
They sent a notice out to all of the kiosk that if anything is stolen or damage do not call security. They don't handle those situation we must call 911. In that case someone would be hurt or the item gone. Three times the jewelry shop was robbed from all three times they had to dial 911.