Have You Ever Experienced...

In life strange things happen but have you ever had anything like this happen to you? When my youngest son was born I was surprised to see the birth certificate. All the information appeared right but a few months after he was born we were looking at it and discovered one number that was a mistake. Joshua was born in 1992 and when they printed out birth dates for his mother and I one number was 'flipped'. I was born in 1963 but apparently when they typed up the certificate they decided I was too old. According to the birth certificate I was born over a year AFTER Joshua in 1993! When I was employed for the first time, I was not aware of having a SSN so I applied for one. After 2 years of working I found out that there was a problem with the information. Apparently my parents had gotten me a SSN when I was born. Thus I had 2 of them and it took some time to sort out. After I received my drivers licence, the bullies wanted to be my friend ( I was a year older than my classmates so I was the first to get this honor.). When they asked for a ride I told them I could only give them a short one around the parking lot. They accepted. Here is what I didn't tell them.... I gave them a ride they would never forget. I put the car in reverse, accelerated to about 50 MPH and weaved in and out between the light posts. after 3 rounds they were happy to get out. I was not bullied after that nor did they come near me, well accept to apologise. Apparently they had had some food before getting in the car and it did not depart them in the most pleasant way.
@Shellyann36 (9181)
Hubby's middle name is misspelled on his birth certificate. It is a pain to get it fixed. Now about that car ride.... I like your style but I must say you are fortunate that they did not toss their cookies in your vehicle.
@gudheart (12752)
It is bad when things so important like that are mistyped :(
@Marcyaz (35695)
I understand that happens quite often.
@akalinus (14975)
My hubby's birth certificate had the wrong name for his mother. It sounded similar but it was not spelled right. It caused problems when he applied for a passport. Had to pay a lot extra to clear up the birth certificate mess.
@thesids (22359)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hahaha. You should come to India and try getting your Adhar Card or even the Voter ID Card done. You would never know what to expect. My dad's name and everything else was all okay... they got the image of a lady instead. My wife's and mine Adhar Card images were swapped. And the worst, my name on the PAN card was different than what they had on my Birth Certificate.
@Marcyaz (35695)
So it happens all over that the Government workers are always making mistakes.
@NeldaHoxie (1388)
I'm glad you've gotten all of your identifying numbers straight. You don't want that big computer in the sky to mess with you.
@Tita417 (1238)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
right .very true wth two SSN.
@anushreem (331)
• Mumbai, India
A good lesson taught to the bullies! I hope everyone carrying such confidence so that nobody can take an undue advantage of others
• Chennai, India
Its a good lesson which you have taught for people underestimating one's talent
@maggs224 (1713)
• Alicante, Spain
I am glad that you was able to resolve the bullying problem in such a novel way and earn respect for your driving at the same time. I am glad that it worked so well and that they left you alone after that.
Ok, that was an AMAZING way of dealing with bullies, prob not safe, but lol
@Jessicalynnt When young the safety is an afterthought. Although the bullies were almost in tears after that.
@Marcyaz (35695)
That is certainly a good way to get rid of the bullies as to your birth certificate you would think someone would have caught that since your newborn son could not have been older than you. When applying for your Social Security they should have caught it at that office. Shows you how people are not doing their jobs.
@gudheart (12752)
LOL good way to get the back the bullies :D
@alberello75 (17114)
• Genova, Italy
I would classify bullying, among the things most "disgusting", that human beings can do. This with more reason as to suffer the consequences, are obviously the weakest!
@ria1606roy (2684)
• Kolkata, India
Haha, way to go on teaching the bullies a lesson they will never forget! The incorrect information in all the printed identification papers is a constant for me. Mainly due to my name. Normally everyone spells R-I-Y-A. Mine is not the conventional spelling, so everywhere I go there's the same problem. It frustrates me to my core.
@Tita417 (1238)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Great job.I should have done the same thing to the bullies in school . Nah I don't have a car then but that was great. You should see my birth certificate wrong name haha what a world of mistakes
• Pune, India
Very funny. I have also noticed this kind of errors in Birth certificates issued in India. 10years ago, issue of birth certificates was not computerized. But when they computerised near to 2000 - 2001 year, I see Birth date of candidate and parents was typed in the future date as 2085 instead of 1985. These are all computer programming errors. Proper checks were not put in place to avoid data entry errors.
@valmnz (12772)
• New Zealand
Showing that intersting side of you yet again aren't the numbers we're allotted in life a pain!
@dpk262006 (56110)
It seems that numbers keep changing in your records for no faults of yours and if you had not noticed those errors, you would have been landed in soup, one fine day.