Wet Sunday, Bleak house.

@xFiacre (6380)
Ireland
Caf├ęs on a wet Sunday afternoon in Belfast are bleak places to sit. My wife and daughter have things to do and places to go now that we've had our Indian meal so I'm sitting here topping up my melancholy level.s Raskolnikov has jumped off the pages of Crime and Punishment and he's drinking tea with me but he's not much company today - very preoccupied.
I don't think I could stand having coffee with Raskolnikov.. A very strange bird he was.
@xFiacre (6380)
Oh he can be difficult, and so ungrateful. And you need to watch that he doesn't have an axe hidden under his coat.
@Inlemay (16888)
• South Africa
Please send some of the wetness down to Africa - to the Southern tip to be precise - close the book and watch the people scurry in the wet
@xFiacre (6380)
It really is atmosphere-creating to be sat in a cafe on a wet day just watching people struggling with umbrellas and running for buses that charge through puddles soaking everyone.
@Inlemay (16888)
• South Africa
@xFiacre I wish that you could secretly photograph them and send it to us - almost like a Candid Camera - enjoy the coffee
Do you mean Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov? I doubt he can drink tea with you.
@xFiacre (6380)
Yes, that's the one. We regularly meet in melancholy cafes. He was a bit offended when I took a selfie with him and he made me promise not to show it to anyone - he's so vain!
@xFiacre I hope you keep your promises.