Entertaining topiary

@Fleura (5377)
United Kingdom
Not too far from here there is a house I sometimes pass, where they have clipped one of the bushes on the roadside into a rather strange head shape. I’ve driven past it plenty of times but only just managed to get a picture of it as there isn’t usually any place to stop. I can’t say I like it all that much, but in the other hand it’s a change from a bland concrete block wall so it does make me smile. Now it looks as though they are growing a couple of other shrubs into a specific shape so I’ll be interested to see what they are planning to clip those into when they’ve grown big enough. All rights reserved. © Text and image copyright Fleur 2015.
@Tita417 (1250)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
It really looks funny. Maybe they want everyone who pass by their home would have a smile on their faces.
@Fleura (5377)
It's amusing isn't it? And no-one else has anything like it!
@Tita417 (1250)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Fleura oh yes so unique and funny looking its like a head chopped at the side
@Fleura (5377)
@Tita417 I think perhaps the straight side is because that marks the boundary with the adjoining house, perhaps they had a dispute with the neighbour because it was butting over their side so they had to cut it straight.
@Missmwngi (9700)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Ha haa it is a funny face they have there and i hope the coming ones will be much pleasing. However maybe they so like it that and it pleases them,you never know
@Fleura (5377)
It must be an easy way for visitors to find their house as well.
@Tita417 (1250)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Fleura yes a great funny landmark you will never miss it haha
@Missmwngi (9700)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Fleura Very true,even a kid can trace that
@Asylum (45969)
• Manchester, England
Topiary must require a great deal of practice and patience and many people must have tried and ended up cutting it down further until very little was left. I agree that the head is not very inspiring, but it is original.
@Fleura (5377)
Yes it isn't something I've ever had the patience for! At least they are showing a bit of imagination and creativity.
@Tita417 (1250)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Fleura you kno what I think it wasn't suppose to be looking that way it s suppose to be a bit curvy on the side probably the one cutting got surprise and chop the other side straight right
@poehere (15769)
• French Polynesia
Sort of looks like a pumpkin with a bowl on it's head. Interesting. Shaping trees is an art and you need to be good at it. Looks like they are starting out nicely.
@boiboing (12533)
• Northampton, England
That's very bizarre.