In The Eyes Of The Beholder

“Being blind is not always about seeing with your eyes.” Bernard Zeitler I’d like to ask a question. Have you ever had your eyes wide open and been able to see everything but still been blind? I have. An example of what I’m talking about is all around us. I can see that there is air but I really can’t see it. An odor can be smelled but not seen. Sound can be heard but not seen. Yet a few years ago a had a very serious Sinus infection. Because of my long history of Bronchitis and all the tests indicated that is what I had, my regular Dr. diagnosed Bronchitis and could not hear what I was saying as something else. A week later I was back because it was not getting better. I had a different Dr. who diagnosed a possible Sinus infection. The proper tests were ordered and the Dr. was right. The difference…. She was Blind. As a result her other senses were used. She could ‘see’ what I was saying. This is what it is for recovery, we need to always be alert. Look for what is not seen and see what is not visible. It helps to be aware of everything going on because it can save you in a time when your thoughts and urges are knocking on the ‘door’ of your old habits.
@Rosekitty (19467)
• San Marcos, Texas
Very great words and i have always mentioned Doctors are called practioners cause they are still practising
@Tita417 (1247)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
yes and sometimes they are not sure of what they are doing.
@thesids (22378)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@Tita417 I would have written many a times instead of "sometimes"
there are states to denial, pretty sure blindness is a strong part of the whole thing.
@Tita417 (1247)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I agree denial then blinded to everyone who loves you
@indexer (1120)
• Leicester, England
Or, to put in another way: "There are none so blind as those that will not see"!
@sallypup (24489)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Due to my experiences with human docs, I'd rather be diagnosed by a Veterinarian.
@Tita417 (1247)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Arey ou really serious about vets? well they're also doctors and I have a vet brother-in-law who is really better than any doctor I know when it come to consulting your pains
@sallypup (24489)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Tita417 I am notorious for being very nervous with docs. I have a deep fear of needles. I assisted Vets for a few years. Yes, I am serious about preferring a Vet to a human doc.
@sallypup Vets have more education actually. They end up studying so many varied species!
@softbabe44 (5923)
• Vancouver, Washington
thats a great way to express it in words
Glad you finally found the right doctor.
@ria1606roy (2629)
• Kolkata, India
you are absolutely right. Most people walk in the streets blind, oblivious to what is happening or what is in the background, even with two fully functional eyes. Awareness is in lack these days because we are always preoccupied with something or the other. Opening our eyes for real, even sometimes, will do some good,
@softbabe44 (5923)
• Vancouver, Washington
you have to be wear of old habits its actually a good relationship to see the triggers
@stringer321 (2806)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
I also think that there is much more to see than what one can see from his point of view. The picture is sometimes a lot bigger than what one thinks. There was a movie about a blind man who was a masseur and knew how to fight with his sword even without seeing. His other senses were better, he was more focused and he knew people intentions better by their smell, his intuition... at the end he said - even when my eyes are opened, they see nothing. Well, many of us count mostly on vision and it's not enough. When dealing with an addiction, vision sure doesn't help. We need to look inside of us, be aware of our needs and deal with them.
@vandana7 (59038)
Dad was a bronchitis patient for almost all of his life. I have seen him sit on sofa chairs struggling to breath in the nights as lying down was not comfortable at all. The last 10 years, however, have been different. He hasn't spent one night like that. I am inclined to believe that infection and discomfort comes down if you are at certain level about sea level. This is certainly an elevated place when compared to our other homes.
@Tita417 (1247)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
You are definitely right . We should always be aware of surroundings so that the things that we like to do before won't happen. Being cautious is what counts today to help yourself get ack to your usual self.