A Healthy Discourse

@Raelove (16821)
Saco, Maine
Some people might come across a site like MyLot or any of several others where open conversation is the order of the day and think, "It's just a website. It doesn't amount to anything." Well, I beg to differ. In these troubled times we find ourselves in, I find it SO refreshing that a group of people such as ourselves are able to come together and talk about what's important to us. Sure, we make small talk about this or that. But some of us also sometimes address more serious social ills that really do bear a good thrashing from time to time. The mere fact that we can have these discussions without resorting to nastiness and vindictiveness proves that it CAN be done. And if it so happens that someone does say something that rankles, well, we always have the option of walking away from a conversation and not participating. We need more of this in this sad world of ours. We may not change the world, but we certainly CAN change our little corner of it!
Sites like this are good to let people have their say on thing. Why not because it is all in fun.
@Raelove (16821)
• Saco, Maine
Some people bring up serious subjects that go beyond "fun." Those are the ones I enjoy the most. It means people are thinking about important things.
@Raelove @jstory07 there can be discussions within discussions and something can turn from serious to fun or fun to serious and it's all good, whether you're part of it or following the conversation. i haven't seen a similar flexible platform.
I like to read about other people opinions and I am glad we have sites like this one where we are free to speak.
@Raelove (16821)
• Saco, Maine
So am I. It's a great release if nothing else.
I absolutely love getting people's points of view - people I would never come across in real life. I've learnt so much in the 2 years I've been online and made some good friends too.
@Raelove (16821)
• Saco, Maine
So do I. Life is an ongoing learning process.
@Missmwngi (9611)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I love the way such a site brings together all sorts of people and from every corner of the world. You converse but never meet but it shows how we are all equal and human beings
@missmwngi mylot was my first online site and i felt we were all equal
@Rollo1 (16665)
• Boston, Massachusetts
myLot is very tame these days compared to the old days. But then, we had categories and so some of the scrappiest people spent most of their time in the categories they most liked to scrap over. It's probably best it stay this way.
@Raelove (16821)
• Saco, Maine
@Rollo1 I'd say so, given the propensity of so many people to not be able to engage in meaningful discourse.
yes and it is a wonderful place to interact. The discussions on here are very good.