Why?

I woke up this morning to an unusual quandary. Are Politicians out of touch or stupid? I can't quite figure out the answer. In america we have presidential candidates who are down right silly. Here are some Quotes I've created for two campaigns to consider having the candidate actually say: Donald Trump: I was for Special interest groups before I was against them and now I am one running for office. I'm spending my money and if you vote for me I'll be even richer. Hillary Clinton: I have no Idea why people keep saying that I didn't keep classified emails secure. I'm the one who made those decisions as Secretary of State and If you elect me there will be no classified information. I'll tell everyone everything without discretion! Besides "What Difference Does It Make?" So here is your challenge: Write a quote for your 'favorite' politician to use in the same vent as above.
• Marion, Kansas
Fearless Leader BO--"I do not care what you want I will do it my way.And I am going to be Dictator"
@GardenGerty And that is exactly what he does too. He shouldn't be getting away with it.
@Marcyaz (35793)
Good one for the Dictator.
Hillary Clinton tells people anything and expects them to believe it.
@indexer (1196)
• Leicester, England
It appears to be impossible for an American to run for office unless they are extremely rich, and so they are almost bound to be out of touch with ordinary people. Being rich allows someone to buy their way up through the system, which allows stupid people such as Dan Quayle, Sarah Palin and George W Bush to become prominent politicians. Under the UK system they wouldn't have got anything like as high as they did.
@Marcyaz (35793)
You hit the nail on the head if they don't have money they can't run and these rich people have no idea how the ordinary person is hurting these days. Maybe if they lost their job and home and had no place to go it would be different.
@Marcyaz It would be a lot different if it happened to them or their families.
@Marcyaz (35793)
@Susan2015 Isn't that the truth but of course it won't happen to them.
I can't think of any at the moment.
@thesids (22367)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Politics... and politicians... I prefer to stay as distant as I can. They are all the same clan as your discussions (related to politics) tell me. But reading the one from Trump, I think what he said is quite true - if you vote for me I'll be even richer and somewhere I do not buy the first half of his statement - I'm spending my money - maybe coz I come from India where it is mostly the Party that funds and moreover, politicos of today investing their money - doesnt go down well with me. Maybe I am wrong.
@softbabe44 (5910)
• Vancouver, Washington
Did anybody see the paper to day the lawyers for tyler having to do with aerosmiths songs the one where donald trump is using stephen tyler asked donald trump not to use any of his songs for his presidential campaign bid the song dream on this is the second time they have served this cease and desist order and he is still using it with out permission isn't that something ?
@Marcyaz (35793)
Well of course he has so much money and I think someone said "Money Talks" so you know he is not going to cease..
@LeaPea2417 (18494)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Hillary "I can get away with anything, because I am a liberal woman who is above the law".
@Marcyaz (35793)
A liberal or liberated woman?
@gudheart (12763)
LOL I am sure Bush would have had many dumb quotes too.
@Marcyaz (35793)
Ted Cruz doesn't seem to know where he is at. He says "Having spent the past month up in D.C., it is really great to be back in America."