One thing accomplished...

I feel like our lives have sort of been turned upside down lately with my husband switching jobs. Although in the long run switching jobs will be better for our family all around, there are some hurdles to try to get through in the meantime. First off his income is going to change, and we don't know yet how much that change will be. We know what his hourly wage will be, but his hours will change week to week and we just don't know for certain how much he'll bring home each week after taxes. He'll be losing some of his benefits, like his 401K, paid time off, and his health insurance. We had a pretty good thing going with his health insurance. The longer you stay with the company, the more of the insurance they cover for you. So we were at the point where we were paying next to nothing each week for our insurance. But now we're losing that, and we have to get new coverage or we'll get fees for not having coverage. So I looked into some prices today and found that my kids qualify for Child Health Plus which will only cost us $27.00 per month. It's way cheaper than what we're paying now and the plan is slightly better than the one we're on. We won't have any copays or anything like that which we currently have.. so this is going to be a better option. Unfortunately we couldn't find an affordable plan for me and the hubby, they wanted like $500 a month minimum to cover the 2 of us. So we'll just have to wait and see what his new job offers for him. I already know the plan my job offers is too expensive. But I did enroll the kids in the Child Health Plus so that's 1 less thing I have to worry about. Now we just need coverage for us, and to get him a new car, and to figure out our budget on his new paychecks.. and then we'll be allright!
@NeldaHoxie (1388)
Good luck with finding insurance. I hope everything else runs smoothly. You've got a good attitude in a few months, it will all be settled.
Hopefully even sooner than a few months!
Don't get me started on the whole healthcare crap. I hope that you can find something affordable for you and the husband. I'm just glad you were able to set the kids up with insurance. With all the stuff kids are prone to get in their childhoods... I know what it's like to be stressed over the financial situation in a relationship. I hope that you guys can figure out a budget plan to go with whatever his monthly income ends up being. Hopefully it won't be too significant a cut from what you are used to.
It shouldn't be a cut at all actually. It should work out to be about the same, but it will vary week to week as he'll only work every other Saturday. When he's not working Saturday it will be slightly less money, but when he does work Saturday it will be quite a bit more, though he's losing his monthly bonus which actually was only a couple hundred a month anyway. So really it should even out. But we'll have to get used to it being different each week.
@amnabas (10310)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Sometimes we come across these situations in life but we can overcome them only tgrough a good and wise take.