A Tiskit, A Taskit, A Green and Yellow Basket

@Raelove (17320)
Saco, Maine
Back when I still had my own home, I started collecting baskets of all different types and sizes. I was working at an assisted living facility at the time, and when a local funeral parlor would drop off the leftover flower arrangements for the residents to enjoy, I'd keep the baskets once the flowers had faded. I've gotten rid of many but still have a few of the sturdier more useful ones, and I find them great for leaving things in the back of my car, holding newspapers, and other odd items. I also use them for my knitting and my embroidery materials, as I like the homey feel of them as opposed to a bag or a box of some kind. And I just love the sight of baskets, as they add a rustic touch to any space. I won't be able to keep as many in my new place, but I'll hang on to those that I can make the most use of.
My aunt decorated her kitchen with baskets and I did the same thing - I had dozens and dozens and put lots of nail holes in many walls. I finally sold or gave away most of my baskets but some that I've had for 40 years I kept and use in other ways.
@Raelove (17320)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill Years ago, I had a cousin whose house had exposed beams, and she hung baskets from it. I loved the look so I tried to do the same thing. But it just didn't look as good hanging from the hooks in the ceiling. So I started grouping them on the floor in corners and such, and it didn't look bad at all.
@Raelove This house inside is done like a log cabin so baskets would have been perfect here. Now I try to find things not make of wood since there is so much of it.
@Raelove (17320)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill Baskets do provide a good complement for wood. Your house must be lovely. I love log homes. You can do so many rustic things with them from a decorating viewpoint.
i tend to like baskets too, though i don't have that many anymore
@Raelove (17320)
• Saco, Maine
I use a big one for recyclables, another one for books, and a few small ones here and there for odds and ends.
I sold at the flea market for over thirty years and when I quit selling there I had over three hundred totes that I brought home. I like to use totes of different sizes for everything.
@Raelove (17320)
• Saco, Maine
@story07 That's how I feel about wicker baskets. And I do like totes that stack.