Toy catalogs frighten me

@sallypup (27504)
Moses Lake, Washington
I happened on a toy catalog last night. Holy Moley!! All the computer gadgets and gizmos are freaky amazing. Pip squeak scientists and engineers! (That ferris wheel kit is designed for kids up to age 14- I am certain I couldn't find part A let alone part E.) I am glad my daughter was raised in the pre-computer age. We had little extra money. We made do. She took what she had and grew to be an artist and writer, even without all the technological geegaws that 2 year olds get these days. This dates me but you know, I don't care. I own up to my being frightened of all the technology and its speed.
@Rollo1 (16686)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I think we had the best life as kids when high-tech was a cassette recorder to replace the reel-to-reel. Life involved our imagination much more.
@sallypup (27504)
• Moses Lake, Washington
We had reel to reel tapes that we sent to my brother when he was in the Viet Nam war.
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Honestly, still not familiar with all these gadgets. We came across them maybe much later than you do so up to now I'm still not familiar with all of them except of course the smart phones tabs and ipads. We are much behind than you are and my kids doesn't really go for those things I thank God
@sallypup (27504)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I am with you @tita417- the average American 3 year old knows more than I ever will about technological gizmos.
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sallypup haha see what technology has done to this generation. it's scary