sword play in the Lot

@sallypup (26355)
Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks to all those who come out to play here in the Sand Lot. I appreciate each of you. Each time we exchange a tease and light hearted open ended question and answer we're sharpening my writing skills. I am in the middle of writing a short story. I just revised one sentence, realizing that I had concocted a dead end alley rather an opportunity to play on. This Sand Lot wakes my abilities to tease out possibilities rather than smack dead the tale and be done with it. Again, thanks and happy sand boxing to each of you.
I have a friend on here ... well, she really isn't here any more but she used to be here and hopefully she will be back again some day. Anyway, we would always joke about how being here is like playing in one big sandbox. Your discussion reminded me of her and the good times that we used to have.
@sallypup (26355)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Hello @purplealabaster. I hope your friend returns soon.
@sallypup Thank you. I hope that she does as well. I like word play, and writing on here definitely helps with creativity. It is not the best place for formal writing, but that can be worked in from time to time. It is good for quick thinking, wit and humor, especially when there are several people actively playing on a discussion at the same time.
@sallypup (26355)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@purplealabaster I've posted one poem here and am not too sure I will do that very often.
@Bluedoll (17074)
How did the short story go? Just curious. Best wishes.
@sallypup (26355)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Hi @bluedoll Good to hear from you. My Mom now lives with us. Not a good excuse and yet here I am! So I am on page four. I intend to go back to the story this morning while Mom is at the senior center. I also have bread to make etc. but I promise you, I will at least print out the pages and look over the story and see if I can't squeeze out another paragraph. (I seem to be long winded this morning.)
@Bluedoll (17074)
@sallypup I'm glad you are working on it. My stuff goes into the drawer and stays there. It is encouraging to see someone continuing. It's okay to be long winded sometimes.
@sallypup (26355)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Bluedoll I like your caveat "sometimes." I'm continuing to think about getting the printer going today. Time flies! Good luck on your drawer critters.
@softbabe44 (5907)
• Vancouver, Washington
we don't work we play at least thats what i think she will return one day soon