Can we manage time?

Mauritius
There's a lot of controversy around the concept of 'time-management' these days but one of the best posited idea is that we can't manage time as such; we can simply manage ourselves. How far do you agree with this? If it's possible to illustrate your answer with some real-life examples, that will be helpful to everyone reading in. Thank you for your response.
It is only ourselves that can manage our time . Actually , i lack the time to do things i want to do specially that i am working full time . So, i play my favorite games on my phone while i ride the public transport going home . And that is also true in the morning when my husband and i ride a public transport gong to our offices. I really try to squeeze in the things i want such as watching TV while doing myLot on weekends when i am free from chores already , when i am at home .
• Mauritius
That's nice. And what are the games you play?
@excellence7 Dragon Gem and Gems Journey . When i can't seem to beat a level i transfer to the other game .
@skysnap (17801)
It is possible to manage time. However you have to work on this on regular basis. And you have to make list and prioritize things.
• Mauritius
Is it not more about managing oneself?
@skysnap (17801)
@excellence7 Yes, we manage priorities and it manages the time eventually.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
That is exactly what I feel about Time Management. One can only manage what is his or her's. And time is not mine, not yours not anyone's. So if you want to "manage time" you have to manage yourself better, such that your routine is more balanced and things fall at place. Great thoughts to start off MyLotting with
• Mauritius
Our views are aligned on this one too. What pushed me to start this discussion is the fact that I have recently enrolled on a distance-learning LLB with the University of London. Since then, I have been in an attempt to make so many plans on how to make things work but none really worked for me. I am therefore trying to manage myself - what I do, how much time I spent in doing what I do, what I prioritize, what I need, what I want, what is urgent, what is important and other considerations. It's an interesting thinking process and I try to become a little more careful about why I do what I do and eliminate what is not necessary from my schedule. I never realized this before, when I was a full time BSc student at the University of Mauritius and neither when I was a part-time MSc student at the same university. But a distance learning requires more strictness, commitment and discipline. It is teaching me every day the essence of managing oneself to 'manage time'.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@excellence7 That is so nice of you. When I started off with working at offices (as a teacher and later as a Software Developer), I was more guided by the time constraints - as I needed to reach office on time, leave office on time and also there was more pressure to deliver on time. When I fell ill, and later started working from home, initially, it all seemed, ok, I am at home and can do that piece of work - eventually procrastination took over and sooner I realized that I was all delayed and messed up with the right timings. I did, almost like you, prepare charts of how I can spend time better, allocate things better. And sooner things started getting fall in place. I wish you good luck with your LLB - and I do feel that completing the course from the London University will get you places.
Of course we cannot "managed time", but we can manage how we use our time. Early in the morning, I make a schedule of my day. I try to assign a time to the tasks I know I have to do, so I know more or less how much free time I have to do personal chores.
• Mauritius
That's truly nice. I am trying to think of myself in your place. I am not the type of person who will be able to make a fresh plan in the morning and stick to it. It requires really good discipline and I hope I'll be there too someday.
@JaneApril (341)
I think it's possible to manage time. We just need to have discipline.