We have a new dog!

@destry (2532)
Kirkwall, Scotland
Say hello to Charlie! I picked him up from a farm today. He was being given away because he was not very good at being a sheep dog - he had no interest in chasing sheep despite being a border collie x kelpie! He is very nervous at the moment as this is the first time he has ever been in a house! He does not know what to do with it.
@owlwings (39226)
• Cambridge, England
He looks a dear and intelligent dog! I once had a border collie who came from South Wales and was called Taff (a huge source of embarrassment when calling him to heel in a public car park in Wales once). He was scared of sheep and other animals but was the bravest boy in the world when it came to protecting my small grand-daughter, whom he loved. He was so gentle that he never, ever bit anyone, even in fun but he was also so soft that he would try to climb on my lap if he was scared of another dog and always slept on the bed, the great lummock!
i was awwing and chuckling at the same time and learned a new word too
Congratulations! Can you train the dog to sniff out plagiarists and cheats?
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
Well he is a sheep dog who does not like sheep, as much good as a vegitarian butcher - he must have a skill set somewhere!
Cute dog and cute name!! I'm sure he'll fit right into your family. He looks like he's smiling and happy to be going home with you
@gabs8513 (48716)
Awwww Destry he is gorgeous and I am sure he will soon get used to his new Life and love it he is a beauty
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
He is doing a great job in adapting, the past 24 hours have been a non stop learning curve for him, so much to take in. Can't wait for him to settle in and his personality to come out! He really is a handsome boy!
@gabs8513 (48716)
@destry That is great to hear so I am sure it won't take him long to roost the House lol as he does look very mischievous lol
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
@gabs8513 I am sure indeed! He has found a new game this afternoon - a game called sneaking upstairs and exploring the beds!
Charlie is cute, I am sure that after a few days he will be more comfortable.
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
He just needs to settle in and find his paws. He is just not sure what to do - but I am sure that Sam, my other dog will explain the way things are to him!
@destry I am sure that Sam will let him know what to do.
@kizzyB (180)
Your handsome chap reminds me of a great dog we had called Tilly. She was from a farm, and took a while to get used to living in a house. She loved obedience training and agility classes. always wanted to be busy. He'll keep you on your toes!
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
Ohh Tilly, sweet name! Charlie is settling pretty well - I *think* we have mastered toilet training within 36 hours! He had initial wee's every where yesterday but has been behaving since bed time yesterday. We have booked him in for beginner obedience classes, and agility is a must! Our other dog loves it!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Congrats! Give 'em lots of love and attention. And find out what his hobbies are. Maybe he likes herding trees or chasing balls.
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
A ball is his thing... he was scared of them yesterday - but he has just realized that they are FUN FUN FUN!
He looks handsome. Please love him and take care of him.
@destry (2532)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
We will indeed!
@artemeis (4017)
He looks awesome! I'm sure he's very playful and a bundle of joy to you.
congrats! what a cute lil fella. yepperz, some pups 're like most creatures 'n've their own ideas 'bout what they wish to be. i'm sure he'll settle down with a bit 'f time 'n patience. hope yer up to the task 'f keepin' 'im busy 'n his 're he's liable to be quite the handful. great family pets though!