Ain't Life Grand..Sometimes!

@bookbar (1612)
Sudbury, England
Back in 1996, in a zoo called Brookfield, something wonderful happened, connecting animals and humans, like nothing else would. A three year old toddler fell into the Gorilla enclosure, causing huge fear and panic, over the little boys situation, especially as the little one had now lost consciousness,... everyone, staff, parents and onlookers alike all fearing for the toddlers welfare. To everyone's amazement, Binti Jua, a female Gorilla, took over, guarding the little boy from the others, scooped him up in her arms and transported him, the 60ft, to an enclosure entrance, where keepers were waiting to retrieve the little boy. How wonderful is that, and how our connection with animals can sometimes be a wonderful experience and totally unexpected..... when you think of what the outcome could have been!
@nanette64 (18090)
• Fairfield, Texas
I love it @bookbar . And a lot of people think animals are stupid. NOT!
We misjudge animals and other people as well. In this case it was a misjudgement that had a wonderful and happy ending.
@inertia4 (27785)
Well, Gorillas are like humans in many ways. They care and protect their own little ones. I know what you mean because any wild animals can be totally unpredictable. But this turned out great for that little boy. That was one caring gorilla.
I remember this fact, this prove that we have to stop to make experiments on animals, because they can reason and understand.
@Ceerios (4752)
• Goodfellow, Texas
Ms Jenny ( @bookbar ) - Good story. Good critter. Good post. "Good Night."
An amazing story which I never read about.
@garymarsh6 (14602)
I remember it well. It was amazing to watch the poor little kid being taken care of by the gorrilla !
@Tita417 (1237)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That gorrilla should be given an award for bravery and love of humansAmazing story.
@WorDazza (10089)
• Manchester, England
And yet another reason why I don't eat animals