Meeting Meg

@Raelove (13961)
Saco, Maine
I drove out today to a friend's house to meet her little dog, Meg, for the first time. Starting next Wednesday, I'll be sitting with Meg while my friend and her husband are gone to work. C. works in health care, and her husband's a tour bus driver. So he is home a lot, and I will just take the days when he's on the road. It seemed to work out quite well, and Meg appeared to warm right up to me. She's a small dog, part Llhasa Apso, with some Shih-tzu and another breed. She barked and ran to me when I first got there, but then calmed right down and lay on her little bed not far from me. We took her for a walk, so C. could show me Meg's favorite outdoor spots, so now we are all set. I have two pet-sitting jobs now, which is something I never dreamed I'd be doing at this point in my life. But, as the old saying goes, "never say never!"
That should be fun so enjoy it.
@Raelove (13961)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill I intend to. It's a real switch for me, who is usually alone with a cat. And my friend's house is spacious and comfortable. So I won't mind the little "vacation" every few days. I'll bring a book and my needlepoing, and they have a big wide-screen TV. So I doubt I'll be bored. AND I can come and go, too, so I can shop up in that area if I need to.
@Raelove It will be like a mini-vaca!
@Raelove (13961)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill Yup, I think so. Another new adventure!
@valmnz (12595)
• New Zealand
Pet sitting can be fun, even more so when you get paid for it! How interesting that they pay someone to be there with the dog during the day.
@Raelove (13961)
• Saco, Maine
@valmnz It would be a long day for the dog, as C. works 7-7 most days, and her husband is gone 2-3 days at a time. When he's home, he takes care of Meg. I'm looking forward to it, as it will be very part-time.
@valmnz (12595)
• New Zealand
@Raelove I'm sure it will go well. I'm looking after my niece's dog this coming weekend.
@Raelove (13961)
• Saco, Maine
@valmnz Yeah. She's a great little dog, and I'm not much of a dog person to begin with, but I do like her.
I love pet sitting.We are doing this for our neighbors who have four dogs.
@Raelove (13961)
• Saco, Maine
It's really very easy. I'm looking forward to it.