To Blog 'r Not To Blog?

Where’s that Shakespeare fella when ya need’im? Lurkin’ ‘neath layers ‘f fluff ‘n pomp no doubt. Spillin’ ‘is wine whilst laughin’ haughtily ‘n my feeble ‘ttempts to be more civilized in this modern culture, this online world. That bein’ said, I finally succumbed to the endless pleas – months ‘n months worth ‘f bein’ stabbed with cattle prods, wrestlin’ matches that’d make yer hair fall out ‘n the like. I caved in - I’ve now a blog. Aint got a clue what to put in the danged thingy. Dislike those intro thingies. Always makes me feel more uncomfy, like I’m lookin’ to cheat’n the hubs ‘re somethin’. (Heavens no!! last thingy I want’d be ‘nother fella!) “Howdy! I’m crazyhorseladycx! I aint got a favorite color, but immensely dislike reds, yellow ‘n oranges – they make me look like I’ve been embalmed! I’m opinionated, I’m compassionate. I believe in Mother Earth ‘n ‘er gifts to all….” Yepperz, that’s how mine’d start out… I did get to task earlier today though ‘n found my 2 lost blogs from the past. Dark times when the health went south ‘n I was desperately lookin’ fer answers. Had quite a few folks readin’ my non-sense (trust me, ‘twas non-sense ‘n so sad nearly made myself cry) but none e’er offered ‘n inklin’ ‘f a comment. No wise medicine fella’s/’r gals came to my rescue. Did gain some insight though. I’m tougher’n I thought ‘n also came to the realization that I’ve lost nearly a year ‘f memory. So, what’re yer thoughts’n this bloggin’ schtuff? I’ve no great insight nor wisdom to share with the world. Who’s gonna wanna read my dribbles? What’ll I dribble ‘bout? No doubt critters ‘n Mother Nature’ll be enmeshed ‘s those bring me great joy. But, I’ve heard tell folks like ‘focused’ blogs. I dunno if’n I can ride that straight? © crazyhorseladycx 2015
@DeborahDiane (16205)
• Laguna Woods, California
I am the author of a very successful blog called Baby-Boomer-Retirement.com. Some of the writers from Bubblews have even used my blog. I write about a wide variety of retirement topics, including health related topics. Some of my posts have had as many as 25,000 views. My blog is read 15,000 times a month. I've very proud of it and I love blogging!
@salonga (27965)
@DeborahDiane, So you are making lots of money for sure. I will visit your blog for sure.
@salonga no ma'am, aint made a scent. 'course aint dribbled a lick'n it neither. i've not 'xpectations with any'f this online writin' schtuff. aint got much faith in it. heck, i still aint figured why anybody'd wish to read what i pen 'n e'en more folks pay me e'en a fraction 'f a scent fer it. but, i truly 'ppreciate yer support!
congrats! there's a big diff'rence though - ya got a targeted market. i'm jest a rambler who dribbles odd to many. takes some 'n consistency to get 'em up 'n runnin' to where ya got such a big followin'. i dunno if'n i've the gumption fer such. i reckon time'll tell, eh?
Somebody, can't remember who, told me not to worry about what others want to see but rather what you'd want to see. I don't have a blog, well, other than bubs, pp, chat n mylot. That's nough for me for now. But if I do start one I'm using one of my furbabies as the key character.
hmm, i don't reckon i know what i wanna see?? i'm sure i'll figure somethin' out. that intro schtuff turns my stomach, so'll prolly jest jump in blind...like i'm so prone to doin'. yer'n 4 places? mercy...
I've seen lots of people use their furbabies as the main character, you could use one of your mares and have her introduce herself the let her talk about you @crazyhorseladycx betcha peeps wood get a kick outta that. Yeah, a couple places only require oneliners, kinda like here then of course there's bubs.
@rebelann not to sound rude, but those sorta thingies jest don't interest me much. that writin' 's a critter all the time. i've done a few pieces through the years from my perception 'f their point 'f view 'n whilst interestin' seemed kinda childish 's a long-term gig. but then i aint wired correctly, so what the heck do i know?
I don't read blogs, but you can be sure that for your's I'd make an exception. When you've got something in it please mail me on how to find it
bless yer heart 'n thanks fer yer support! i'll do my best not to bore ya outta yer comfy chair. i think that's why i aint so fond 'f blogs?? they jest stick to one subject 'n ideology 'n that jest aint my cuppa tea. i'll send'ja 'n invite...when i figure out how to do such. hopefully that'll be in the help-me video the web designer sends me.
@crazyhorseladycx Ok, I'll look forward to it. Good luck with it. Btw, I wish you'd suggest your posts to me - you know you are one of my favourite people, but I keep getting to your posts late.
@jaboUK apologies! so many folks've been tossin' out rants o'er sendin' one's own discussions that i jest plum fergot. no frettin' in regards to not findin' my schtuff. aint wrote nothin' earth-shatterin'.... yet
I don't have a blog and don't want one. As I'm really not very interesting, there wouldn't be too much to write about.
i dunno why ya say ya aint interestin'?? all folks're interestin'. though some do wear'n my nerves...i'm sure i do the same with 'em. personally?? i think this venture's a huge mistake 'n waste'f time. but, i agreed to humor these gals 'n give'er a go anyhow. what's to lose 'cept fer my time. which i seem to've plenty 'f these days.
@crazyhorseladycx You could try it for a while to see if you like it.
@wiLLmaH (8169)
• Singapore, Singapore
@Susan2015 I have a blog and since I joined myLot, it is very hard for me to write in there. Haha!
@Dragonairy1 (1485)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
I have one on blogger, I used to add my photos and ramblings, but I've not updated it for quite a while
i've got 2'n blogger that've lain dormant fer o'er 2 years now. i actually thought i'd deleted 'em - but 'pparently not coz i found 'em sunday while fishin' 'round. i dunno which's worse't the moment. my real desk'f my virtual one??
Hello Frances @Dragonairy1 I did blog with Windows 7 for a bit and seems Windows 10 is not compatible so I quit there. How did you get around that and being able to continue blogging at blogger dot com ?
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
@enlightenedpsych2 sorry I don't know my laptop is still running on windows 8, I've not updated yet. Have you tried googling it?
• Portland, Connecticut
I always do an intro post not about myself but about what I plan to include in my blog. I think it is helpful.
it'd take me 4 pages to put give folks a clue, lol. that's my trouble versus ya folks who're good 't that sorta thingy. i've not a main focus 'r passion 'n tend to run the gamut - from mother natures gifts to politics. t'wouldn't wish to run folks off 'fore i e'en got started,
@rhpinc (1149)
• Santa Barbara, California
Good advice. Thank you :)
@simone10 (22262)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I love what you have to say and would definitely be a follower of your blog. I will have to email/pm you to get the link as I'm not sure if you can put it here. I want to write a blog as well but just haven't done it yet.
We are allowed to put our links on our profile, which is what I did for my Facebook author page, but I can't get her link to open.
aw thanks, hon. i'm sure it'll jest be a pure mess, lol.
@Carmelanirel2 yes ma'am, it opens - jest aint got no writin' to it yet. the gal who did it fer me's makin' me a video so i know how to get into the danged thingy :)
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I've been considering starting a blog for ages, but l faced the same uncertainties as you did. When I noticed a bunch of myLot members starting blogs on BlogJob, I finally decided to give it a try. I've started a few blogs focused on different things while I try to work out what's right for me. So far my bonsai blog is doing best but that's probably because that's the only one I've put any real effort into promoting. But I'm not sure a blog has to be focused if one has an interesting style, and I'm still planning to try an unfocused one myself. Good luck with your blog.
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Just wanted to add that I tried the link from your profile page and it's not working for me.
aw thanks, hon. i jest run the gamut 'n the need to be disciplined 'n stick to a topic jest aint the way i ride. yepperz, takes effort 'n i fear i don't promote nothin' i dribble. ne'er 've, jest makes me uncomfy jest thinkin' 'bout doin' such.
@Gina145 apologies! there aint nothin' been written to it's 'f yet. 'r perhaps the gals're tinkerin' with it 'gain?? search me. they jest do schtuff 'n send it to me. heck, those aint e'en my pics they used?? i'm sure i'll get that part straightened out though, lol. i'll p.m. ya if'n i can recall when there's somethin' actually on it if'n ya like, k?
I had a blog and it was just me rambling about different things. I am not one to carry on post after post of the same thing (for example: fashion). I tend to lose interest and focus. However, if you wanna do it just for your dribble, your poetry, etc. I think you should go for it. I have no doubt you will get a following. People tend to enjoy what you have to say, even if you think it's 'dribble'.
i call it dribblin' fer lack'f a nice word fer the most part. many folks don't cater to my kinda writin' 'n 've made it known - some politely 'n others not so much. i can't do those sorta thingies neither, jest bores me outta my chair. i aint sure i've got what other folks've a desire to read - but those gals do. reckon what i dropped 'f'n their blogs (more arm twistin'...dang no wonder my tendons hurt!) did quite well with attractin' 'ttention globally. i reckon time'll tell. but i gotta get off my duff to get it goin'...'n that help-me video the one is sendin' so i can e'en get into the dang thingy.
@crazyhorseladycx Yes, we all have our own interests when it comes to reading what others write, or what we even interested in reading. *hands you some icy hot* I have no doubt you will do just fine eve if no one reads it, you will take pleasure in the few that might. I have no clue where you signed up for, but sounds quite complicated.
@TexanTornado thanks! does that schtuff come in a body wrap? ne'er mind, the heat makes the crohn's angry... dang it. anyhow, i dunno how complicated, the gals did it all 'n i jest sat back 'n waited fer word. which i missed fer o'er a week coz i'm prone to not checkin' my emails regular. seems they took it offline fer some reason?? i reckon i ought to go 'n check. no doubt 't least one'f 'ems sent 'n email 'n can enlighten me.
I never had the desire to have a blog, or the need. I write for a friend's blog and that's enough for me.
i've been roped into writin' fer others blogs's well this past year. ick't the deadlines 'n some'f word restrictions. i find it diff'cult to write so many words when i've lots to say, lol.
@rhpinc (1149)
• Santa Barbara, California
Not everyone needs to have one lol :)
@rhpinc Exactly - I have my own ways of sharing my words.
@cahaya1983 (9593)
Yay, congratulations for the new blog! I started one a few years ago but couldn't really commit to it since I was also working full time. Enjoy your new blogging adventure!
thanks! i'm hopin' i can keep my act together 'nough to get it off the ground 'n maintain it. i've already so many commitments i'm jugglin''n so hope to get the health back to get out with my herd...which'll mean e'en less time fer me to spend dribblin'.
@crazyhorseladycx That's okay, just do it at your own pace. Even one or two posts a week would be enough for a start, in my opinion.
@cahaya1983 what?? one to two a week?? dang it...i dislike schedules 'n deadlines. lived that life fer many years 'n found it wore'n my nerves somethin' awful. 'least with magazine writin' i'd only the need to spit one out monthly, lol. sigh...i dunno if'n it'll get off the ground 't my current pace.
@thesids (22453)
• Bhubaneswar, India
It will be long. So please bear with it. There are three reasons why people blog - 1. For money - Not great an idea today as Adverts normally do not pay you much unless you have lots of visitors - my opinion - you are not of this sort of people. 2. For Showcasing your capabilities - maybe in terms of writing skills, your expertise - You have good specialties and a gifted soul but, pardon me, you might not be into showcasing your talents via blog (but over time this can be handy). 3. Passion - Some people dont care how many visitors arrive to read, they write just because they are passionate about the subject. My opinion - you definitely fall in this category. In my view, you should start getting back to blogging - because you are passionate about what you talk, what you write. It will take a while no doubt, but if done in a right way, you will have a set of people visiting you, I mean the blog, regularly. You can also consider writing columns on your local dailies (they might have weekly specials where they talk about different things like Mother Nature or even those skills that you have). And you might also consider writing articles on some of those online magazines.
bless yer heart! i truly 'ppreciate all yer points 'n the time it took to pen 'em here fer me. yer correct, i'm in that #3 category, but still can't believe i caved into their pleas...so unlike me to waiver. i used to pen fer western related magazines, many years 'go - e'en funny cartoon thingies (mercy, i miss my artist bud!) 'n left that life 'hind fer reasons i'll not disclose. dunno if'n i've the drive to do such these days. literally speakin', since i'm unable to drive much due to health hiccups. kinda squishes my world when i aint out in it. i'm sure i'll fumble long 'n do what i can so's not to disappoint those that insisted this bloggin' thingies such a grand idea. gotta humor folks ya adore 't times, ya know? big 'n thanks so much fer yer insight - jest warmed this ol' gals heart.
@katsmeow1213 (28925)
I tried a blog once but don't think anyone ever read anything I had to write. I'd much rather just write about my day to day life, how I'm doing on my goals, my frustrations.. well those are things everyone goes through. I find Mylot is the best place to share that stuff..
lots 'f folks struggle 'n gain strength from readin' 'f others mishaps 'n how they dealt with 'em. i reckon one can hang their hat where'er they choose these days. it'll be most interestin' to say the least.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
I'd like to hear more of your 'ramblings....' but I couldn't do it myself..., i'm hard pushed to put stuff on here.... that folks find interesting.... like you say just jump in ... write about horses, wolves , ranch life, how you live with some of your health problems..quilting... just go for it... you will soon be able to tell what works and what doesn't.... ps big hugs..
i'm purty good 't ramblin' these days...'n goin' on tirades it seems 'f late. yepperz, i jest gotta put my pennin' hat'n 'n get busy. folks'll either read/enjoy it 'r not. 'course that'll take time 'way from here 'n that other place. only so many hours'n the day 'n i aint got many to spare. big hugs 'n love ya!!
I have one site that used to blog.But have not been around form sometime.
You should hare your blog link (if allowed, or post it on your profile). Personally I don't like blogs. I made one with a group in one of my English classes and was completely confused and then I tried starting one of my own, and I still didn't like it. Besides I wouldn't know what to write about since I much prefer to write novels..Which reminds me, I got an idea for my third novel and I believe it is one where I will need your kind of dialogue.
i put the link in my profile thingy... i think? there aint nothin' there yet 'cept a couple pics that aint e'en mine, which's kinda eerie. hopin' to get that fixed up soon. see what happens when ya jest turn schtuff o'er to other folks?? jest holler if'n ya need some help. 'd not be the first time i'd done a bit'f ghost writin'.
@crazyhorseladycx I will definitely save your blog link and thanks for offering your help and remember, it won't be until next year because my classes end in mid-December and I really want to get one novel ready to submit to agents before I start on the third one.
@Carmelanirel2 thanks fer yer support, hon. if'n i'm still 'round 'n kickin', i'd be most humbled to help ya with yer project when yer ready to do such.
I always feel the urge to start one but somehow find an excuse not to. People say it's a great way to earn money but I don't know and don't feel confident that I'm cut for it. Being a non-English born speaking individual sucks too as we all know English is like...the world's language for Business. I could be highly opinionated at some stuff but I found it difficult to express myself and my fear is that I will be ridiculed for my bad English with badly placed grammar and stuff like that. Nonetheless, I have myself set to writing during spare time so I haven't ditched blogging entirely.
i started one, to get folks to quit askin' me to do so. first week 'twas fine 'n then 'schtuff' occurred 'n i fear i aint been tendin' to it. i've gotta be in the mood to do such 'n fear that aint struck. heck, aint e'en dribbled here in 10 days 'r so? jest aint had the time nor inclination to be online. i doubt i'll e'er make a cent off the place myself, not that it matters i reckon. 's fer yerself? i hope that'cha build up yer confidence, hon. don't be thwarted by yer thoughts ('r other folks) 'bout 'perfection' - its jest don't exist. be yerself. if'n somebody's rude 'bout yer grammar'n yer blog, ya got the power to delete such nonsense. best'f luck to ya!
@crazyhorseladycx thanks a bunch for the pep talk. Sadly I can't to right now as I got recently hired and for all the irony in the world, I got hired as a content writer. Imagine that. I do admit I have issues with confidence and stuff like wanting to be perfect but perfection is sorta what I need to do with my career. I've been hard with myself i know but this is how I push myself to be better. I don;t know; i heard there's gotta be a point somewhere that I just need to get over that issue...well, at least I'm self aware. It's a start, i guess. :)
@sophiecheer yer welcome 'n congrats!! it aint easy to get a job 's a content writer - kudos to ya! yes ma'am, admittin' such's a first step 'n i wish ya the best'f luck, hon. big hugs!
@rhpinc (1149)
• Santa Barbara, California
O love blogging, more so it is the writing, being heard and what every other writer wants :) Recognition :)
i reckon some folks do such fer the recognition. i prefer to fly under the radar myself. aint into self-promotin' 'n all that jazz. jest aint my thingy. i've more pen names than most folks've underwear
@rhpinc (1149)
• Santa Barbara, California
@crazyhorseladycx it is not easy to promote oneself in the world of everybody else lol :)
@rhpinc i've no desire to promote myself, hon. this is the extent'f such.
@PainsOnSlate (19213)
I've seen your blog and love it. I would blog if I didn't' spend so much time painting. But until that part of my life ends I just don't have time...well maybe I do have time but I enjoy this site too much and one or the other would have to go. You made me laugh about cheatin...
aw, thanks, hon. i've let if fall to the wayside, jest's i've done here. 've started many a posts fer it, jest no oomph to get 'em out there fer folks to read. i stay'n trouble constant fer not doin' such'n a regular basis. if'n i aint'n in the mood to dribble, i jest don't i fear. glad'ja saw the humor there. 's with most schtuff i dribble, few read it in its entirety - i don't blame 'em, jest sayin' :) big hugs!
@crazyhorseladycx We all hope you will be feeling better ASAP. We are all sending you strength thorough healthy thoughts and prayers.
• Greece
Hi. I've just come back to this and am wondering if you have started the blog now, and if so where do I find it?
howdy! yes ma'am, i got 'er off the ground last month. i thought i sent'cha an email fer such? pardon if'n i didn't, i so dislike that self-promotin' schtuff. the addy is'n my profile page, hon. yer most welcome to stop by, pull up a chair 'n visit there fer a bit. jest please don't do such coz ya feel obligated to do such, k? that'd break my heart fer certain. big hugs!!